Can anyone recommend....

Moderators: Bob, westonwarrior

mrs_muffinhead
Bongonaut

Can anyone recommend....

Post by mrs_muffinhead » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:18 pm

......a bongo dealer in or around the Gloucestershire area?

Looking to buy my first Bongo and want to get it from a reputable source but at the same time I've not got that much to spend... any recommendations? I live in Gloucestershire and don't want to travel to far afield to find my Bongo!

Many Thanks,

k

Silver 99 New Shape, 2l Petrol Bongo
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Can anyone recommend....

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:48 pm

mrs_muffinhead wrote:......a bongo dealer in or around the Gloucestershire area?

Looking to buy my first Bongo and want to get it from a reputable source but at the same time I've not got that much to spend... any recommendations? I live in Gloucestershire and don't want to travel to far afield to find my Bongo!

Many Thanks,

k
Welcome mrs_muffinhead

I'm always saying this, but have you considered a private purchase. It's what I did in the end and did very well out of it. I researched my Bongo thoroughly (with the help of this club), inspected several, would have bought from Ian Taylor but he didn't have my spec/budget in stock, so eventually risked a private purchase and budgetted the price difference to one side in case I'd got it wrong, which I hadn't! Have a look in hte For Sale section on here. If you really want something to drool over (though maybe above your price bracket) check out trevd01's midnight blue late model 4WD diesel and its immaculate conversion, complete with Webasto central heating. If I could afford it, that'd be my perfect Bongo. Hey ho, I can dream.

Good luck with the Bongo Hunt - its great fun so don't rush it.

Mike 8)
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Can anyone recommend....

Post by Bob » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:14 am

I've an idea there's a dealer on the A40, between gloucester and Ross, and there was a guy at Staverton, just by the motorway bridge, don't know much about either, but haven't heard anything bad, which is good.

Very warm welcome.

ps Protech in Nailsea are ok, and a mate uses Station Garage in Portishead.

Return to “Rest of the West”