Alarm fitting, Gloucester area?

Moderators: Bob, westonwarrior

Veero

Alarm fitting, Gloucester area?

Post by Veero » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:24 pm

On the subject of recent Bongo thefts, does anyone know anywhere decent in the Gloucester area to get an alarm fitted where I won't be ripped off or have it fitted by hamfisted monkeys?

Any ideas on a ballpark figure for a Thatcham approved one?

Many thanks
Veero
cheffy34
Supreme Being

Re: Alarm fitting, Gloucester area?

Post by cheffy34 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:38 pm

Hey veero :wink:

i spent weeks chasing fitters down here and got some figures back in the region of £400 :shock: some peeps will say not bad :!: but me, i was skint and and it equaits to about £50 pound an hour [-X :roll: i have seen fitters doin immobilisers only for £200, so i gave in and got a thatcham approved cat 1 alarm and immobiliser with closure for £60 odd squids and fitted it myself #-o not for the faint hearted in my eye's but satisfying and a chance to hone my soldering skills, but it won't be recognised by your insurer cause your not a thatcham approved fitter :!: but my insurance company didn't ask for it as a condition, reckon they may be changing there minds over the recent events :roll: My alarm is still goin well no probs after sorting out a little trigger issue :roll: I called on advice from a couple of helpfull forum members one a alarm fitter who may well be along soon :!: :!:

anyway if you fancy a challenge and your insurance dont ask for it :roll: why not :D

Dar
All disclaimers count as i know nothing
BUY A V6er i like my affair with the petrol pump
stringman
Bongolier

Post by stringman » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:56 am

Talk to Paul Fisher at 12Volts on 07971 590160, a good friend of mine runs a small mobile business so I'm sure he'll do you a good deal :wink:
Tin top Bongo camper, Peugeot Partner Combi, Kawasaki ZRX1100, Yamaha SR250SE
Veero

Post by Veero » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:06 am

I just want it done right. I've spent enough hours faffing with car electrics with the engine conversion on my 205 over the last few years I really can't be arsed to do it myself. I was figuring around £400 but I will give Paul @ 12 volts a shout and see what they can do.

Thanks for the ref.

Veero
Veero

Post by Veero » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:00 pm

£250+ vat fitted for a Thatcham approved type 1 system.

Chappy is coming to fit it too, although sadly not Paul from 12v as I found someone nearer to me cheaper. Not that the insruance specifies one but for the extra cost it semes like good piece of mind and future proofing for other insurance companies as Im sure so do specify Thatcham 1 systems especially with the spate of Bongo thefts.

Thanks anyway.
Veero

Post by Veero » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:53 pm

All done, chappy has just gone. Would recommend him to anyone in the area. Workmanship seems good, no horrible holes/damage, professional to talk to, alarm seems to work as it should. All good. Company is called GVS, they even come to you to fit it.

Cheers
Veero
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:59 pm

Email Ian with the details & maybe he can get added to the recommended list?
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
ScubaBongo

Post by ScubaBongo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:48 pm

Last time I got a Thatcham Imobiliser fitted, it was £80 all in, fitted by a well respected approved fitter! (think £80 was mates rates, might have been £90/100 otherwise).

Am I showing my age or has security recently become v expensive?

Return to “Rest of the West”