Local Tyre info

Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Re: Local Tyre info

Post by Ron Miel » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:18 pm

David Edwards wrote:Ahh thats why I use 96H rated tyres which are perfect for the bongo and was the rated tyres on it when I bought it. 215's all round too.
David. Thanks for checking availability of 195s, and good luck with your 215s.

As the 195s are lo-rated though, I'll run out my (98H!) Dunlop Japan all round 215s, which are youngish (1205), completely sound, and have a good few thousand left on them to be honest. Instead, I MAY just go through the pain of getting Seal a Wheel tyre sealant out of them for the second time - first time standard formula; second time, at their cost, new hi-speed formula. Actually though, I might not even have to do that now, as it happens.

For other reasons, our Bongo's been off the road for three weeks, and I only did a good run in her again, for the first time, today. It seems as though, during the enforced idlenesss, the sealant has probably adhered more to the inner tyre surfaces (as the hi-speed stuff is meant to), so that the front wheel imbalance it was causing, although still there, doesn't now kick in until a significantly higher speed. If it improves just a tad more, I'll be able to both live with it, and get its originally intended benefits - with an LPG tank where the spare should be, I prefer pre-installed sealant to a can of get you home goo. Well, it's always worked well on my push bike, anyway! :lol:

David (aka Ron) - Davids of the world unite!
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:49 pm

Am I missing summat or what, lol, scanner you lost me now, I use 215's and have done for the last five years these are not under rated for the bongo with a 96H rating. :?:
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:15 am

David Edwards wrote:Am I missing summat or what, lol, scanner you lost me now, I use 215's and have done for the last five years these are not under rated for the bongo with a 96H rating. :?:
Exactly - you said
they do a 195/65/R15 on a 91V rating, fully fitted etc, at £32.00 each. Now I suppose that would be okay on the front as most of the weight is rear end on bongos

but are not using them yourself.

Good, Goose and Gander came to mind.
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:39 am

Nope never have its just ron was wondering whether to return to them so I priced em and was merely debating their possible use on the bongo as the garage chaps had fitted them to a lot of similar sized vans, I prefer the 215's so wouldn't use 195's.
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:01 pm

David Edwards wrote:Nope never have its just ron was wondering whether to return to them so I priced em and was merely debating their possible use on the bongo as the garage chaps had fitted them to a lot of similar sized vans, I prefer the 215's so wouldn't use 195's.
That's OK then, so long as it's "similar sized vans" and not Bongos.
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:35 pm

Right had them done £36.00 each all in and wow what a superb looking tyre better than the nangkangs I think and 100V rated which is higher than the 96H I had on there, handling seems better, no doubt down the fact they are new, lol. Took em up to 80ish just to try out the handling, no wobble or vibrating etc, will return soon for two more on the rear. :o
Meant to adds another good link for tyres too, supply only these but good prices at www.tyresunlimited.co.uk.
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:41 am

Started phoning around this morning for tyre prices for my sons astra estate which has 175/70/14's on it, prices varied form £39.99 plus balancing etc down to £33.50 plus. I then phoned the place I went to last week for tyres for the bongo, Sardis Road in Pontypridd, Fully fitted £25.00 each, off down in morning for two, lol. Really worth a phone call for any size eh.

Return to “Wales/Cymru”