South Yorkshire/North Derbyshire

To celebrate 10 years since the formation of the Bongo Fury owners club, Sunday 24th February 2013 has been designated as National Bongo Day. What we have in mind is a series of events in various locations across the UK & Ireland where Bongonauts can get to meet each other and perhaps have a Sunday lunch.

Moderator: Ian

Ian
Supreme Being

South Yorkshire/North Derbyshire

Post by Ian » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:13 am

Venue: Rother Valley Country Park, Mansfield Road, Wales Bar, Sheffield S26 5PQ
Organiser: Ian (email [email protected])

Full details to be announced, but it will be a Family Fun Day centred on a watersports activities. Overnight camping (non electric, showers/toilets, small additional charge) available. Cafeteria. Park entrance fee £3.50 per vehicle.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: South Yorkshire/North Derbyshire

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Ian wrote:Venue: Rother Valley Country Park, Mansfield Road, Wales Bar, Sheffield S26 5PQ
Organiser: Ian (email [email protected])

Full details to be announced, but it will be a Family Fun Day centred on a watersports activities. Overnight camping (non electric, showers/toilets, small additional charge) available. Cafeteria. Park entrance fee £3.50 per vehicle.
I know I'm not very observant but what dates are we talking about (yes its there in the bread crumb trail, bt not in the title or content). Come on now Ian - get with the programme :lol: :lol:

Watersports in February!?!?! How long must tough northerners continue to be tough I ask myself :roll:
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:05 pm

All the meetings are on the same day. The title of this sub-section of the Forum is called "National Bongo Day Sunday 24/02/13".

Try and keep up at the back! 8)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:09 pm

Ian wrote:All the meetings are on the same day. The title of this sub-section of the Forum is called "National Bongo Day Sunday 24/02/13".

Try and keep up at the back! 8)
...and if the unmarked tin is removed from the marked carton. Who then will know what it contains?

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I can tell you were a civil servant and not a marketeer. We'll have to rename you Ian de Bonehead-Meister (National treasure nonetheless) :lol: :lol: :lol:
corrour
Bongolier

Post by corrour » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:00 am

What time please gonna try to come
I would walk 500 miles.
99 Tinted tintop
Supplied and looked after by Bongospares
Bongobert
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Bongobert » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:21 am

So..... We're going to assume its still on at Rother Valley (despite the lack of 'details to follow'?!?!?!?.....!!). Does anyone know for sure?... Cheers
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Many thanks to the 9 hardy souls who braved the icy wind blowing off the lake to stand around and stamp your feet in the Rother Valley car park. I was chilled to the bone by the time I got home, but it was well worth it. We should do it again, but perhaps a different venue?
Bongobert
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Bongobert » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:54 pm

Was a tad chilly Ian - but still nice to have a meet all the same. Hot Chocolate in the cafe and meeting new friends for future meet-ups... Good stuff! Thanks for organising!! =D>
corrour
Bongolier

Post by corrour » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks Ian
It was a nice friendly small meet shame it was bloody freezin
We could always do it again in warmer weather but your bacon butty looked bloody good. =D>
Heres to the next 10 years.
John n sue
I would walk 500 miles.
99 Tinted tintop
Supplied and looked after by Bongospares
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Thanks Ian.
A few pictures, the sun did shine, once.

Bongo Bubbly

Sunshine

Bong
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Bong » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi everyone. The white 4wd AFT in the photos is mine and my partners - bought recently to facilitate trips away with our growing family. This was our first time at an automobile related meeting of any kind. We had a good time, met some really nice folk and were made to feel very welcome.

Can anyone help me? I notice in one of these photos that there is a club member wearing shorts :!: . I may have noticed on the day but my brain was too numb with cold and my teeth chattering too rapidly to pass comment. Could it be that there is some secret antifreeze drink available via the club shop which made this possible?? Either that or the South Yorkshire / North Derbyshire lot are made of hardy stuff.

Really nice to meet you all.

Bong
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:38 am

Bong wrote:Hi everyone. The white 4wd AFT in the photos is mine and my partners - bought recently to facilitate trips away with our growing family. This was our first time at an automobile related meeting of any kind. We had a good time, met some really nice folk and were made to feel very welcome.

Can anyone help me? I notice in one of these photos that there is a club member wearing shorts :!: . I may have noticed on the day but my brain was too numb with cold and my teeth chattering too rapidly to pass comment. Could it be that there is some secret antifreeze drink available via the club shop which made this possible?? Either that or the South Yorkshire / North Derbyshire lot are made of hardy stuff.

Really nice to meet you all.

Bong
Its nearly Spring,ya wuss :lol: :lol:
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
loneranger
Bongolier

Post by loneranger » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:30 am

Hello Bong,another Bongo in Chesterfield :?: I have sent you a pm Cheers Michael
Red & Blue Advanced Driver "Bongoin in the Peak" or "Aye Up My Duck" Land

Return to “National Bongo Day Sunday 24/02/13”