bongo back seat belts for babies??

For bongoing parents to discuss issues re: travelling & camping with children.

Moderators: Alison01326, mobilecat

delilah
Bongonaut

bongo back seat belts for babies??

Post by delilah » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 pm

Im a new novice owner of a teenage bongo... so this is probably the second of many questions.
The first was 'what have I done, buying a bongo I know so little about'.

Where do I get rear seat belts for a rock and roll bed, suitable for a baby seat and passenger.

thankyou please
bongobuddha
I hate being bi-polar, its brilliant!
Tomo 53
Bongolier

Re: bongo back seat belts for babies??

Post by Tomo 53 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:28 pm

delilah wrote:Im a new novice owner of a teenage bongo... so this is probably the second of many questions.

Where do I get rear seat belts for a rock and roll bed, suitable for a baby seat and passenger.

thankyou please
bongobuddha
it,s easy just extend the other end of the belt http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Securon-2 ... 724&_uhb=1
i used one to extend two belts when i fitted a rock and roll bed.
Tomo
Poohbear
Tribal Elder

Post by Poohbear » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Tomo 53 wrote:
delilah wrote:Im a new novice owner of a teenage bongo... so this is probably the second of many questions.

thankyou please
bongobuddha
it,s easy just extend the other end of the belt http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Securon-2 ... 724&_uhb=1
I'm afraid that the link doesn't work, or at least the ebay item you link to has ended some time ago.

However, there is no easy solution to this because if you don't already have seat belts then you will need to get some and once fitted they will need to be tested to ensure that they are strong enough. People on here have done it and I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you a more detailed answer.

I have to ask, why did you buy a Bongo without rear seat belts when it was obviously one of your main requirements?
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:06 pm

The rock and roll bed may not be suitable or the correct design / strength for belts.

If you look at many of the Rock and Roll beds on Ebay etc they are far cheaper with no belts as its far cheaper to manufacture, have a look and see if you can identify the seat manufacturer, has it got belt mounting points on it ?
This company may be able to help if you need belts and have to start from scratch
http://www.securon.co.uk/
delilah
Bongonaut

Post by delilah » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:32 pm

Thankyou all for your replies. I may not bother this year as its already looking too complicated and costly, and if I like my first year of bongoing Im going to do refit for next year, and will have new rock and roll bed.
In response to Mr Bear... Seat belts weren't 'a must have', I just thought, I may take my grand daughter on an adventure.
Having a Bongo after years of fantasizing was the 'must have'.
I hate being bi-polar, its brilliant!
Tomo 53
Bongolier

Post by Tomo 53 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Poohbear wrote:
Tomo 53 wrote:

thankyou please
bongobuddha
I'm afraid that the link doesn't work, or at least the ebay item you link to has ended some time ago.

However, there is no easy solution to this because if you don't already have seat belts then you will need to get some and once fitted they will need to be tested to ensure that they are strong enough. People on here have done it and I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you a more detailed answer.

I have to ask, why did you buy a Bongo without rear seat belts when it was obviously one of your main requirements?
try this link, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Securon-2 ... 724&_uhb=1. mine can be seen at the Chester meeting on Sunday
Tomo

Return to “Bongoing with Children”