How long does Aqua Kem Blue last?

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

cuchillo
Bongolier

How long does Aqua Kem Blue last?

Post by cuchillo » Thu May 05, 2016 11:21 am

Hello,

How long does the Aqua Kem Blue last if you do NOT use it?

Bingo only gets used at the weekends so when I get back on the Sunday I empty out the loo and the instructions says that if you are going to leave the loo then add some Aqua Kem Blue and a bit of water, slosh it about and leave it.

However I am not sure if I then need to empty that out and refill with fresh blue and water on the following Friday? Or do I just add the usual 3 L of water to what is already there and head off only emptying it when I get back on the Sunday?

Many thanks

Cuch
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: How long does Aqua Kem Blue last?

Post by Bob » Thu May 05, 2016 12:46 pm

I'd leave it in, can't see it going off for ages. :wink:
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Thu May 05, 2016 12:52 pm

I've found that 'unused' chemical in the loo can result in discolouration of the inside of the tank but that's likely to cause a problem with its operation. I tend to empty, rinse & refill with the normal dilution & it's fine, but if I knew it was not going to be used for some months then I leave it empty. What I have noticed is that the pink stuff in top can go a bit gungy if you just keep topping it up without ever completely draining & refilling.
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Thu May 05, 2016 6:01 pm

to answer the question directly, is it depends what you drop in it. 8) 8) :D
cuchillo
Bongolier

Post by cuchillo » Thu May 05, 2016 7:01 pm

:D :D
Northern Bongolow wrote:to answer the question directly, is it depends what you drop in it. 8) 8) :D
Am actually trying to work out the time between putting in the Blue and first using it :)
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Fri May 06, 2016 8:57 am

We just used our caravan last weekend and didn't bother renewing from the winter (sat there for 6 months) and no ill effects, still worked OK. We do this every year, never had an issue. The only thing we've noted is the same as Simon, the flush can go gunky if left (but on a caravan you should be emptying it for weight purposes anyway).
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”