Side seat with storage

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

daltrey1981
Apprentice Bongonaut

Side seat with storage

Post by daltrey1981 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Hello all,

New to this forum but we have just got our Bongo 'Barry' and looking to rejig the layout inside. Trying to find a side bench with under seat storage similar to the one on here:

https://clearcutconversions.co.uk/product/mini-toure/

This is so we can keep the kitchen on the right hand side and remove the cupboards we have on the left and create space to sleep downstairs. I cant find where to buy one anywhere, help??

Thanks
XX
Markas
Bongolier

Re: Side seat with storage

Post by Markas » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:49 pm

I notice that the sideways facing rear seat has a slide-out section, like half a rock'n'roll bed. Maybe one of the companies who do rear conversions would make just one side seat base for you, but there would still be a lot of work to turn it into a useable camper. What's the current layout? Could you adapt the kitchen furniture to your needs?
Mark
1999 Bongo 2.0L, Northstar Outback rear conversion
daltrey1981
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Side seat with storage

Post by daltrey1981 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:14 am

I'm thinking of making one has anyone done this before? They seem really overpriced to buy what in reality is a box that folds down into half a bed. If I could buy one at a reasonable cost that would be ideal but they don't seem to exist

Thanks

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”