Broken fridge

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Reardoa
Apprentice Bongonaut

Broken fridge

Post by Reardoa » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:25 pm

We have a Vitrifrigo C39 I fridge fitted which isn't getting cold. Any suggestions on how to fix it for some not at all mechically minded :cry: or recommend anyone in South Yorkshire who could look at it for us?
Doone
Supreme Being

Re: Broken fridge

Post by Doone » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:56 pm

Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
TheHillsAreCalling
Bongonaut

Post by TheHillsAreCalling » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:37 am

Our Vitrifrigo suddenly stopped working recently too. After much head-scratching and poking around I suddenly remembered there was a fuse for the fridge on the front of the Zig panel.

I removed the fuse to check it and it hadn't blown, BUT after cleaning the contacts, putting it back in, and screwing the cover back on firmly the fridge sprang back to life! :D

So... If you haven't already... check the fuse.
Jelly87
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Jelly87 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:14 am

Did you have any luck fixing the fridge? I have the vitrifrigio and have had it on all night whirring away and it is not cold at all. Using as a cool box :(
Bought the van a few weeks ago and haven't managed to get the fridge working yet.
Any help advice would be great.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”