Professionally fitting fridge in Scotland

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

paulmitchelltv
Apprentice Bongonaut

Professionally fitting fridge in Scotland

Post by paulmitchelltv » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi, apologies if not in the right place to be posting this or if there was an answer via search, had a look.

We have a decent side conversion in our bongo, but no fridge. There's a perfect space for it, but just not there.

Two questions:

I would like to get it done professionally, does this have to be a camper conversion company or can it be done by an electrician or something similar?

How hard is it to do yourself? (I would like to avoid this if possible)

Thanks
Jimbobvfr400
Bongolier

Re: Professionally fitting fridge in Scotland

Post by Jimbobvfr400 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:37 pm

I'm sure a conversion company could do it but I can't see it being anything other than an easy job.

Theres 2 parts to it AFAICT firstly fitting the fridge in and secondly wiring it in.

Wiring wise it couldn't be any simpler, I'd suggest using at least 4mm^2 cable wired directly the the LB via an inline fuse, add a simple switch in the positive connection. Most fridges have voltage cut offs to prevent draining the battery so the better the connection to the fridge the longer it will run, inferior wiring will give a higher voltage drop and cause the cut off to function.
Jamie, Caroline and the kids.
2002 V6 Aero AFT
nth
Bongolier

Post by nth » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:14 am

It really depends how you are going to use it/what type of fridge you want.
Will you mainly be running on EHU, battery or gas ? Do you already have a 240v hook up in the van ?
95 2.5d 4WD AFT
Eye Guy
Bongonaut

Post by Eye Guy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:58 pm

If you're in Glasgow or West you could ask Ali at AV camper van conversions. He may be able to help.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”