Fridge making a fool of me

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

cushers
Bongolier

Fridge making a fool of me

Post by cushers » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi again
After a week away in Yorkshire and using ice packs to keep items in the fridge cold ( as I thought it was goosed) I decided to revisit the manual.

It's an Indel B Cruise 42 with manual thermostat. The off position is at 12 o'clock and from there it can only turn clockwise but the manual says "turn anti clockwise to reduce the temperature". Can anyone that has one of these in their conversion confirm that turning it on by the slightest amount will be at max cooling and anything further will raise the temp?

Does the thicker the line gets around the thermostat knob indicate it being less cool. This is where im confused too. Hope this makes sense to someone that knows the fridge in question.

G
windywatson
Tribal Elder

Re: Fridge making a fool of me

Post by windywatson » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi, the thicker the line the cooler it will get.
Windy-Watson
2001 V6 Tin Top
cushers
Bongolier

Re: Fridge making a fool of me

Post by cushers » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Thanks windy.
That's what I originally thought. Instructions must be a bad translation or my interpretation.

Anyone ever removed their fridge. Any pointers on how to remove it from what looks like a standard full side conversion?

TIA
G

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”