Cassette toilet

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

Garyb
Apprentice Bongonaut

Cassette toilet

Post by Garyb » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:40 pm

Hi im new to this.
Is it possible to have a cassette toilet compartment fitted to a Bongo. I think only thing putting my wife off, is it must have a toilet.
Also we have 2 greyhounds and a whippet. Where would the greyhounds sleep. My son will go up in poptop.
The basics we would need is 2/3 burner hob. Fridge. Sink unit. Leisure battery set up etc.
We average 1 week campng in Devon twice yearly but would like to be able to do odd weekends.
I don t know whether a day van Bongo or a camper conversion would be best.
Any ideas or feedback is greatly received.

Gary
BillyCasper
Bongonaut

Re: Cassette toilet

Post by BillyCasper » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:13 am

I'm a fairly recent Bongo owner. They ain't big. A way of creating additional space (other than a bigger van) would be a drive away awning, in effect a big tent that attaches to the sliding door. Very cheap toilet tents are also available.

Are you planning to stay on campsites or wild camp? All sites I've been on have toilets. I have an empty Waitrose screw top washing liquid bottle and PortaJohn bags and a bucket as contingencies.
sotal
Supreme Being

Post by sotal » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:21 pm

Don't think there is an easy way to get a cassette toilet in. Never seen one done.

We have a porta potti. It fits behind the rear seats when travelling, and goes in the awning when camping. When the drive away awning is put up there is a small tunnel between the tent and the Bongo - we use the rear side of that as a toilet area. Keeps it out of the way and if you want extra privacy you can pull the tent flap round in front of you!

We don't take it very often though - we normally just use on site facilities.

Unfortunately if you are saying an onboard toilet is a must then I would probably have to say that the Bongo isn't the vehicle for you.
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:19 pm

Take look on Cak Tanks....for me looking in my Bongo....you won't have enough room IMHO even if you sleep upstairs..... http://www.caktanks.co.uk/CAK_Toilets_Thetford.htm will give you an idea of size for the installation .... if a a loo is a must have..... you need a larger camper.... Ducato or similar
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:06 pm

Ours is unconverted and we sleep on the front/middle seats with a Portapotti kept in the back.

BUT, there's just 2 adults so space isn't such an issue, and we now have a caravan. :oops:

The loo has been very useful over the years.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”