My DIY conversion progress

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: My DIY conversion progress

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:58 pm

Looks really good - well done all =D>
sotal
Supreme Being

Post by sotal » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:55 pm

Looks great - you need to test it out properly now :lol:
callum
Bongolier

Post by callum » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:20 am

Did the big clear out today. First time i have had an empty van in the 10 months i think. Looks like a different van inside!
I took the opportunity to fit a USB port in the rear kitchen unit. Both of my ciggy ports are on the main battery as i didn't want to have the stereo on the leisure battery, so the new USB is now wired through thr zig from the leisure battery. Hoorah.

Oh, and i also found some old edge trim that i used on the teardrop trailer i made a couple of years ago. I have been wondering for a few months about what to do with the step as you enter the van through the side door as the ply edge will end up wearing through the carpet. So i used that.
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:49 pm

Great Job Callum.
Just bought myself a second Bongo unconverted so I will be nicking a few of your ideas mate.
How is the camping going ? Is it working out as you had hoped?
callum
Bongolier

Post by callum » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:29 am

Aye up,
Thanks, i think we did ok with it.

I've not been able to use it for camping yet unfortunately due to the 4 month old and us not wanting the stress of camping with her!
It is still relatively untested as a camper, but is running like a trooper otherwise.

I take it as a massive compliment if any of my ideas can be used and enhanced on another vehicle, that is basically all i did anyway.

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”