Show us yer insides

Questions & answers about kitchen units, stoves, fridges, heaters, water tanks, seats, mattresses etc etc.

Moderator: Doone

cptsideways
Bongonaut

Re: Show us yer insides

Post by cptsideways » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:52 am

Becky&stu wrote:Have a look at mine. There is storage under the bed when you remove the kick board.
I actually need quite a lot of board space! Think half the van to window height on one side ;) I generally carry all my kit around, last year it was all on the roofrack of my lupo, which may have looked a tad overloaded lol.

I think a left side slimline kitchen/cabinet would do what I need for camping.
digitalgypsy
Bongolier

Post by digitalgypsy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:56 pm

Can I ask where you got your respray from please? Looks grand :)
AndyS95
Bongonaut

Post by AndyS95 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Fonty wrote:Thanks! We did indeed choose the colours, we went for for something nice and light to open up the space, or something like that! The JAL slimline conversion sacrifices cupboard space for a nice big bed, but there's loads of room under the bed (accessible from a hatch in the back).

We've not yet hooked the sink up to the mains and aren't yet sure where that waste water gets out - any tips?! :)
Lovely looking conversion, really like the bright colours and the slim fit conversion! =D>
Becky&stu
Bongonaut

Post by Becky&stu » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:46 pm

digitalgypsy wrote:
Can I ask where you got your respray from please? Looks grand :)
He was a guy near Taunton, a place called Westonzoyland. Lots of change from a grand!! Not to everyones taste but we love it!!
Looking forward to the summer 2016 European roadtrip
Fazza
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Fazza » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:13 pm

Hey all!

Thought I'd say hello. I'm the proud owner of a new Bongo, named Shaft, in account of it being big and black.
I've almost finished the pimp job so thought I'd share where I am at the moment. It was a Jap grade4 import and converted by Jal Imports. Its a 2002 2.5 v6 petrol.

Mods so far:
Full side conversion with rock and roll bed and mushroom roof.
Taxi seat drop-down seats up front, just in case.
Cat 1 alarm / immob
Various other security devices :-)
Replacement headunit to play dvd, from sd card, satnav, hands free.....etc. Wired to leisure battery with independent switch on dash.
Main and leisure battery voltage displays in center console wired to independent switch on dash.
Reverse camera
Digital TV Tuner
Back screen
Tow-bar
Window tints

Mods to finish:
Back and front curtains. Last bits on the their way for original rails and curtains, will attempt to dye them.
Chrome side grab handle on back passenger side - on its way.
Slimline roof solar panel to charge leisure battery.
independent gas back heater to be fitted under bed, vented out. Will run from same bottle as hobs.
LPG conversion - when I have the cash. :-)
Rock and roll bed head-rests. These were accidently left off my original convert spec.
Reupholster front seats and door trim to match rest and remove seat covers.

Here are some pics. The carbon finish insides actaully look a lot lighter than they are due to the bright sunlight. Both tops and units are the same.....

- Fazza
Alkers
Bongolier

Post by Alkers » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:23 pm

That's one of the nicest Bongos I've seen. How many belted seats have you?
Fazza wrote:
Main and leisure battery voltage displays in center console wired to independent switch on dash.

- Fazza
What's involved in setting this up or was it done for you as part of the conversion?
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:33 pm

That looks great!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Fazza
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Fazza » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:36 pm

Alkers wrote:That's one of the nicest Bongos I've seen. How many belted seats have you?
Fazza wrote:

- Fazza
What's involved in setting this up or was it done for you as part of the conversion?

I had Jal imports run and fit a second 12v power outlet under the steering wheel when they converted, providing power from the leisure battery rather than main.
Then I asked some guys I had do the audio visual work to wire up the meters to the back of them when they did some work for me. They fitted the displays flush in the back unit, cladding them. I can probally get the names of the meters, it wasnt a DIY job in this instance.

There are 7 belted seats. The taxi seat has two lap belts (I have no idea if this is crash tested or legal and I've not claimed a 7 seater - I'll just be using it as a seating area on site).
The back rock and roll bed has two shoulder belts and one lap belt. It would be a big squeese to get three people on it though, but the option is there.

.... The taxi seat does stop the easy access to the engine under the passenger seat. In order to access it I have to remove the seat instead by the four bolts. Not ideal but its a compromise I had to make. It also stops the seats from being pushed back too far in a lay-back position. They are not forced into a bolt-upright posisition so is still comfortable. I'm six foot and its ok for me, tall people may have issues though. The taxi seat unit can always be removed.
Fazza
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Fazza » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:11 pm

..I should probally mention it has a low coolant alarm as well. 8)
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:20 am

WOW,serious looking superb Bongo
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
AndyS95
Bongonaut

Post by AndyS95 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:12 pm

very cool Bongo - nice job! =D>
peeky1323
Bongonaut

Post by peeky1323 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:44 pm

BongoBongo123 wrote:Here is ours, it is remarkable how many different styles conversions come in. Ours was done by AVA prior to us buying it, that is all I know and it all works nicely.

Hi,

This is the fridge I have in mine that has some issues. Do you know what model it is please? I just posted about in this section.

Many thanks,

Matt
jordanruby
Junior Bongonaut

Post by jordanruby » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Fazza wrote:
Alkers wrote:That's one of the nicest Bongos I've seen. How many belted seats have you?
Fazza wrote:

- Fazza

I had Jal imports run and fit a second 12v power outlet under the steering wheel when they converted, providing power from the leisure battery rather than main.
Then I asked some guys I had do the audio visual work to wire up the meters to the back of them when they did some work for me. They fitted the displays flush in the back unit, cladding them. I can probally get the names of the meters, it wasnt a DIY job in this instance.

There are 7 belted seats. The taxi seat has two lap belts (I have no idea if this is crash tested or legal and I've not claimed a 7 seater - I'll just be using it as a seating area on site).
The back rock and roll bed has two shoulder belts and one lap belt. It would be a big squeese to get three people on it though, but the option is there.

.... The taxi seat does stop the easy access to the engine under the passenger seat. In order to access it I have to remove the seat instead by the four bolts. Not ideal but its a compromise I had to make. It also stops the seats from being pushed back too far in a lay-back position. They are not forced into a bolt-upright posisition so is still comfortable. I'm six foot and its ok for me, tall people may have issues though. The taxi seat unit can always be removed.
Hi

I have pretty much the exact same set up aprt from we have yellow seats and not red! We love it. Could I ask you what your radio is. Im after changing ours and wanted some ideas of what to buy. Thanks for any help
Fazza
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Fazza » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:43 pm

According to the box it's a Kenwood DNX7150DAB.

I went a bit overkill as I wanted DAB/Garmin GPS/DVD/sdcard/bluetooth/remote/removable faceplate/video out/external tv tuner....etc.

It was about £950 just for the head unit I think. Bit ouch on the cost front but you may not want all that. They also do cheaper ones at half the price.

I replaced the speakers and you may not need to but keep in mind that I did get windscreen mounded tv areals fitted and most importantly a big external areal to get the best out of the DAB radio.
jordanruby
Junior Bongonaut

Post by jordanruby » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:01 pm

Fazza wrote:According to the box it's a Kenwood DNX7150DAB.

I went a bit overkill as I wanted DAB/Garmin GPS/DVD/sdcard/bluetooth/remote/removable faceplate/video out/external tv tuner....etc.

It was about £950 just for the head unit I think. Bit ouch on the cost front but you may not want all that. They also do cheaper ones at half the price.

I replaced the speakers and you may not need to but keep in mind that I did get windscreen mounded tv areals fitted and most importantly a big external areal to get the best out of the DAB radio.
Wow! Thats a proper unit!!!!! Im not looking at spending that much....the missus would go chicken oriental! Di this fit perfectly or did it need some extras to make it fit?

Return to “Campervan Conversions in Bongos”