Fog lights

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

Dimus
Apprentice Bongonaut

Fog lights

Post by Dimus » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:23 am

Have just got some front fog lights and a switch. Can see a loom on the os but not one on the driver side. Was thinking of just putting them in place for now and wire up later. Do I just cut the plastic out of the bumper with a stanley knife and screw them in place? Anone know what type of screws are best fit?
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Re: Fog lights

Post by roosmith » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:38 pm

Not sure where on the bumper you are thinking but you won't cut it with a stanley knife, that will need to be a sharp hole saw at least
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.
Dimus
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Dimus » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:51 pm

Okay thanks, only had a quick look and it looked thin enough to cut with a sharp knife but I'll get the Dremel on it instead.
callum
Bongolier

Post by callum » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:07 pm

Are they the original fitment ones or aftermarket?

Original onea you can cut the small bits of plastic with a stanley knife easy enough.
If fitting aftermarket ones, as i did, then i leftthe blanking plate in placeand used a hole saw to cut the hole. They don't look as good as original ones though, so i will bw replacing them when funds allow.
Dimus
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Dimus » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:16 pm

They are originals (used of e-bay £60).
Will any old screws / bolts do or do they need to be a certain thread?
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:55 pm

Dimus wrote:They are originals (used of e-bay £60).
Will any old screws / bolts do or do they need to be a certain thread?
Hi,

Did you mean these? From an early shape model.. (See the lower box in the link.)
http://lushprojects.com/bongopartsmk2/c ... o=.html#16

If so? I would be mindful of the screw diameter used. You may split where the screws go into the bumper?
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
Dimus
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Dimus » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:39 am

Yes they are the exact ones however I'm fitting them to a new 2000 van. They look like should fit as is held by 3 screws instead of 4, unless I make a bracket.
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:06 am

Dimus wrote:Yes they are the exact ones however I'm fitting them to a new 2000 van. They look like should fit as is held by 3 screws instead of 4, unless I make a bracket.
Mine is a 95 tintop with these fitted.. But funny enough I've a deposit down on a 2002 aero tintop with the round lense fitted..
If the bumper mouldings are different? Then you may need a modified bracket to hold the earlier style bracket? (That's if your lamps came with them?)
Bit of a grey area for me with the new shape. Until I get my mitts on my new pride & joy! :D
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:23 am

jaylee wrote:
Dimus wrote:Yes they are the exact ones however I'm fitting them to a new 2000 van. They look like should fit as is held by 3 screws instead of 4, unless I make a bracket.
Mine is a 95 tintop with these fitted.. But funny enough I've a deposit down on a 2002 aero tintop with the round lense fitted..
If the bumper mouldings are different? Then you may need a modified bracket to hold the earlier style bracket? (That's if your lamps came with them?)
Bit of a grey area for me with the new shape. Until I get my mitts on my new pride & joy! :D
Great to see you back on here Jaylee and to learn you're re-Bongoing \:D/
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:04 am

mikeonb4c wrote:
jaylee wrote:
Great to see you back on here Jaylee and to learn you're re-Bongoing \:D/
I never realy stopped Bongoing Mike. Engine wise, my 95 is still reliable & running well.. I've had in the last year a new front crossmember & the front heater matrix had gone where the pipes flow & return.. The wife & I sorted the front carpet by removing it & meticulously AquaVacing..

Unfortunately. The bodywork is crumbling the rear arch on the passenger side is near non existent & the cills are in a state too.. :(

As my only vehicle, I weighed up that I can't afford to be without it for the weeks it would take for the recon & who knows what money I would be wasting on a dodgy cheap runabout (factored into the budget.) while the extensive works undertaken on the Bongo.
So, regrettably (in short.) after nearly 11 years.. I've decided to go for a straight purchase from Phil at JAL.. Just say I'll be back in black! 8)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:17 am

Sounds great. :D

And as Mike says, good to see you on here. :D
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:22 pm

Bob wrote:Sounds great. :D

And as Mike says, good to see you on here. :D
Cheers Bob & Mike.. Needless to say I'll be back into the "practical" gadget pimping.. Lol,
I'm already ahead of the game on the new one with the alarm & remote CL already fitted!

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”