Painting AFT

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Re: Painting AFT

Post by BongoBongo123 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:57 pm

Puma931 wrote:I painted my whole van in Rustoleum 7001 earlier this year, and plant to do it again in white next year as i am not that keen on the whole van being grey with some green highlights! Lots of work but cheap and you can get a good finish for a roller.

http://s47.photobucket.com/user/puma931 ... o.jpg.html
I am surprised at how smooth it looks. I imagine in my head it would be a very messy job with a mottled finish and lots of drips but clearly it can be very smooth.

I have many tins of grey spray primer and also many tins of lacquer. I never got round to doing the job yet. I plan to spray it which could be tricky. In part though the crusty looking roof makes it look older and less of a stand out vehicle (attracting too much annoying attention) so I am not in a rush at the moment.
8etty 8ongo
Tribal Elder

Post by 8etty 8ongo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:47 pm

This is really interesting but I couldn't see some of the photos. It would be great to get mine resprayed, maybe something for the future..
digitalgypsy
Bongolier

Post by digitalgypsy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Hey Bongo comrades,

So, quite a simple enquiry, would anyone be interested in helping with a rustoleum full paint job? I will of course pay, travel to you, and help out where I can :)

Steve

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”