Scotland tour 2016

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

alant54
Tribal Elder

Re: Scotland tour 2016

Post by alant54 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:02 pm

mulshy wrote:I can also confirm that the Electric Brae doesn't work with marbles either :wink:
I remember my Dad stopping the car in the middle of the road back in the 70's
while I got out and rolled some marbles up/down the road :lol:
If the Electric Brae DID work you might have lost your marbles..... :shock: ....mind you it would be the perfect qualification to be a Bongo owner..... :lol:

Ok I'll get my anorak..... :(

Alan
Alan...still plodding on....!
cmm303
Supreme Being

Re: Scotland tour 2016

Post by cmm303 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Muzorewa wrote:I can't recommend the Outer Hebrides enough, you've seen our trip reports from there. I don't think they're as tolerant on wild-camping as when we went, especially Barra but still very much worth the effort. If you do go, don't be tempted to skip Barra, it's one of the best :wink:
Definitely, looked superb in your posts.
MountainGoat wrote:Oh boring!
you nearly got me going :lol:. Thing is as the views spectacularly cone into view they all deserve a gloat and a pic but when presented in the cold light of day they get repetitive!
So you came up from Chippenham. It must be full of wandering Scotsmen now, my nephew a McLeod lives there now. Me I did the reverse, being a MacKay and born in Liverpool I retired to Scotland after climbing all the Munros.

If you come up the east coast via Carter Bar next time join the gang and pop in for a cuppa.
small world! Thanks for the east coast invite. I had some 1982 photos when I camped at Glencoe with a climbing club, my only previous visit to the area. They give a very different view of the same land (by a few thousand feet!) but I could do a then-and-now of the camp site and of Glen Nevis.

My PC web browser (chrome) went very s!ow as I built up posts with a large number of photo links. Don't know if others have found the same. I found it quicker to build up the posts in notepad, manually inserting the photobucket links in between [img]...[/img] tags. Then I copy-pasted the whole text into the forum post editor and used preview to make sure I had got it right.
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”