Team Muz Scotland tour 2013

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

kingbillybongo
Bongolier

Re: Team Muz Scotland tour 2013

Post by kingbillybongo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Absolutely stunning as always. =D> =D> =D> I always enjoy your trips as I don't often get chance to do it myself.cheers me up when feeling a bit down.to much work and not enough play I think.
Thanx for putting a smile back on my coupon . :D :D
[color=#0000BF]billybongofreedom[/color]
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:59 pm

Absolutely fantastic. I started looking at these at work, around 5:30, and continued after my yoga class. It's now 11:00 pm and I need to go to bed!

I really don't know how you do it. How long were you 'on tour' for this time?
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:34 am

Best yet Muz & family,well done

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:41 am

Hi
Absolutely wonderful...and you learn summat every day...I never knew that Eucalyptus trees bark.....and I loved the fighting monk in the stained glass window.....(2 lovely black eyes)....a veritable fighting fenestration :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...and those Heeland Coos...gorgeous....
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:00 am

mikeonb4c wrote:...And that's a diesel Bongo folks :wink:
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> 8)
Indeed - Don't believe all you read about unreliable and overheating diesels. When maintained properly (thanks Ady :wink: ) they're bulletproof :D
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:03 am

Furydav wrote:A wee tip Muz, take some photos next time you go on tour, ha ha

Great stuff, surprised you got in as far as the Big Water of Fleet viaduct at Gatehouse station in the snow , it was drifting deep for a wee bit around Easter.
There was plenty of snow there. The track to the viaduct was well worn as it leads to a forestry site but if you turn sharp left after the viaduct - which loops back the other side of the visitor centre - that track was really dodgy and once you're on it you can't realistically turn round. We ploughed our way through to the end without incident but the snow was more like ice.

We'll probably try to get back there in the summer :D
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:06 am

briwy wrote:You made it then Paul. Fabulous trip.
I see you've Photoshopped out the rain again. :wink: How do you do it?? always rains when we go. :(
A brilliant trip Brian, I think our best yet which is a surprise given the forecasted cold and the snow already there.

The last two days were wet but the rest were excellent, as you can see :D
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:08 am

PixieAndTheMoon wrote:Brilliant! Paul and Alison - so where are we all off to next?

Truly stunning pictures

Jo x
Another week in Scotland to come (Lothians and Fife area) then it's Wales' turn for some abuse :twisted:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:14 am

the laird wrote:Muzz photos fab but I'm gutted nae disappointed, it would be about 8-00 poss 9-00am I passed Kirkoswald ruin up from Souter Johnny's and I saw a Bongo parked there on its own I thought it looked like yours but kept going due to my motor being a 45 ton artic. This would have been up your streets I had just come from William Grant's distillery at Girvan, I had 29,750 ltrs o the stuff. Our paths must x one day
Hi Gordon, not sure that would have been us. We were there on Tuesday 2nd about 10.00-10.30. But 30,000 litres of whisky would last us for a good while :lol:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:16 am

Jillygumbo wrote:Absolutely fantastic. I started looking at these at work, around 5:30, and continued after my yoga class. It's now 11:00 pm and I need to go to bed!

I really don't know how you do it. How long were you 'on tour' for this time?
Just the two weeks - in fact only 13 days and 12 nights.

I'll buzz you through a link to the map in case you want to add any of the places to your own tour :wink:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:28 am

bongo frenzee wrote:.... Love all the wildlife too! It looks like you had a fabulous time, inspirational stuff!
Northern Bongolow wrote:....the deer was superb, what a bonus.
cazzyblues wrote:.... I agree with Northern Bongolows comments.
We'd seen deer from the train which we failed to get any good photos of but we were hopeful of seeing some where we had camped. On a previous mission Mrs Muz had sat up and watched a posse of deer descend during the night and eat all the food of some German backpackers - who woke up mightily confused the next morning!

So, I was just clearing the condensation off the inside of the windscreen (no ice this time) when I saw a deer stood just the other side the van. Knowing how timid they are I quickly grabbed a camera and then dropped the case on the floor #-o but didn't scare it off - I whispered to Mrs Muz but she couldn't see it on that side, neither could Muzette - so I lured it round to the other side of the van with a piece of bread. Then, from nowhere, there were another four loitering. Finally the one with the antennae on its head strolled across the river and we couldn't get rid of them until they'd cleared us out of bread - two loaves :lol:

Them and the whale made it a unique trip, that Muzette will probably never forget :D
The_Gordons
Bongolier

Post by The_Gordons » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:45 am

Stunnings pictorial account of your trip (as always).
Bongo replaced by Wellhouse Terrier
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:42 am

Muzorewa wrote:Just the two weeks ...
Muzorewa wrote:Apart from the night at Corrour, our cost of overnight accommodation totalled nil.
Muzorewa wrote:... a unique trip, that Muzette will probably never forget :D
... and neither the first, nor the last!! Your kids must have seen more of these British Isles than pretty much everyone else here. I really like the side-line in historic buildings. All in all, I'm jealous as sin.

"If something's worth doing, ..." ;) =D> You're not wrong!!! Keep it up.

See you in Fife?
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:04 am

Driver+Passengers wrote:See you in Fife?
Quite possibly. This is for the Whitsun week (w/c 27th May) and I think the Scottish Deer Centre is about the nearest to you that we'll be coming - although we're always up for a detour!
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:09 am

Muzorewa wrote:
Driver+Passengers wrote:See you in Fife?
Quite possibly. This is for the Whitsun week (w/c 27th May) and I think the Scottish Deer Centre is about the nearest to you that we'll be coming - although we're always up for a detour!
Great, keep in touch - I'll PM you our number. We can always come out to meet you somewhere.
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”