Team Muz Highlands & Islands Tour 2009

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

scanner
Supreme Being

Re: Team Muz Highlands & Islands Tour 2009

Post by scanner » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:24 pm

brorabongo wrote: and to think some of those places are not far from me. (as the Crow flies)
Scottish directions...
"Just follow this road and it's first on the left"

128 miles later....................and you're there. :lol:
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:00 pm

scanner wrote:
brorabongo wrote: and to think some of those places are not far from me. (as the Crow flies)
Scottish directions...

Sounds about right.
:lol:
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:58 pm

brorabongo wrote:
scanner wrote:
Scottish directions...

Sounds about right.
Had something similar in Wyoming once on the way to Yellowstone - only there it was 280miles.

That's Huntingdon to Berwick on Tweed without a side road. :shock:
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:35 pm

I've just spent the last hour viewing all your fabulous photos from this clearly wonderful trip ! I was totally gobsmacked !! How utterly beautiful, and your presentation of the trip is to be applauded wholeheartedly. WELL DONE ALL OF TEAM MUZ =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
THANK YOU.
Pam
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:53 pm

:oops:
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:23 pm

I too have just spent the last hour looking at your fantastic photos. You look like you all had a wonderful time and I didn't know all these places existing oooop tharrr! =D>
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:35 am

Well after 3 years I've added some more pics to this report (about 100) and also updated the map to properly reflect where we went. The first post on page 1 therefore takes a while to load but hopefully it's worth it. I hope it encourages more to get out and do similar in their Bongos :wink:

I have one nagging doubt though, I still can't believe the Fortingall yew is older than the mother-in-law :twisted:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:22 am

Check out the 2014 Caledonian MacBrayne calendar which has one of the above pictures in it, an unusual choice as there's no sign of a CalMac ferry anywhere but they want to showcase the islands themselves rather than ships, and therefore hopefully inspire more people to travel....

This one taken at Eoligarry on the Isle of Barra :D

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:34 am

Muzorewa wrote:Image
Glenachulish, Kyle Rhea to Glenelg which then sends you over the magnificent Mam Ratagan Pass to Shiel Bridge 8)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-h ... s-39513020 - Nice to see this being taken care of after all these years :wink:

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:02 am

Really great to read that. For a moment there i thought you were talking about the Bongo :lol:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:26 am

There's an interesting account on the Undiscovered Scotland website, “Every visitor to Skye should consider going by ferry. After all, although the Skye Bridge is a wonderful structure, crossing it only takes you to Skye. To get to the Isle of Skye, you need to travel by sea. The two Skyes are equally wonderful, but somehow the Isle of Skye feels just that little bit more special.”

I'd recommend this ferry, and the Mam Ratagan Pass to get there from Shiel Bridge, for anyone planning a trip to Skye :wink:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:12 pm

May i correspond with you Muz when it comes time to set up for my Bongo tour of the west coast and western isles. When all is said and done, you are indisputably the Hairy Biker of the Bongo World. :P \:D/ 8)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:24 pm

It would be a pleasure Mike. You need a spot of luck with the weather but if you go for 2 or 3 weeks or even longer now you've got your bus pass Image you're bound to get some clear skies. I think we could give you a reasonable idea :wink:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Muzorewa wrote:It would be a pleasure Mike. You need a spot of luck with the weather but if you go for 2 or 3 weeks or even longer now you've got your bus pass Image you're bound to get some clear skies. I think we could give you a reasonable idea :wink:
Fab. It may be a while coming but it's on the spade and bucket list. Can i use a bus pass for me Bongo? :shock: :lol:
tootsmcfruits
Bongonaut

Post by tootsmcfruits » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:13 am

Muzorewa wrote::lol:

There's an interesting account on the Undiscovered Scotland website, “Every visitor to Skye should consider going by ferry. After all, although the Skye Bridge is a wonderful structure, crossing it only takes you to Skye. To get to the Isle of Skye, you need to travel by sea. The two Skyes are equally wonderful, but somehow the Isle of Skye feels just that little bit more special.”

I'd recommend this ferry, and the Mam Ratagan Pass to get there from Shiel Bridge, for anyone planning a trip to Skye :wink:
You can't beat the scenery up that way - just beautiful! =D> The ferry is worth it just for the friendly ferry Border Collies (they're still there - I saw them on the news the other night!)

Don't forget to go visit the Brochs in Glenelg as well! http://www.lochalsh.co.uk/glenelg_broch.shtml

And maybe hang about in Kylerhea on the other side to watch some otters and seals!
#sayhellotomylittlefriendee

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”