Bryher - Our Blue Merle Bongo Bash Border Collie

Moderator: Doone

samuel
Bongolier

Bryher - Our Blue Merle Bongo Bash Border Collie

Post by samuel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Some of you will have known our Bryher, a blue merle border collie from the last 9 years of Bongo Bashes. She went everywhere with us and quite simply, 'Was one of our family. Our child'. Your kids or indeed yourself, may have taken her for a walk as she just loved kids and walking.

Just before this Christmas on Thursday 19th our Bryher passed away and left us for the great doggie heaven above. She had been unwell for a short while and at nearly 16 1/2 years old she and us had a good innings with her. That doesn't take away of course the grief we felt and still do at her loss.

Our memories of her are full of memories of fun and love and we were lucky to have such a wonderful dog in our lives. As any of you will know who owns or has owned dogs they are very special friends.

We have gone out in the Bongo but broke down in tears as she wasn't in it with us. She would always be the first to get in and if we were packing to go camping she would jump in and wouldn't get out until we got to our destination. It was hilarious.

I have written this as i know a lot of you knew her and will be sad to here this of this news.

We will replace her with another dog but she'll never be forgotten.

Tim, Jill & Sam
"Living the Dream"
Doone
Supreme Being

Re: Bryher - Our Blue Merle Bongo Bash Border Collie

Post by Doone » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:05 pm

So sorry to hear this :( Bryher was such a very lovely girl. We lost Missi in June and still miss her so much. They leave a big dog sized space when they go.
We found this poem by an anonymous author. It will make you cry, but will remind you they never stray far from us. :)

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, You were thinking of the many times your hands reached out to me.
I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.
I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. I want to reassure you that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."
You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair. I tried so hard to let you know that I was standing there.
It's possible for me to be so near you everyday. To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew ... In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
The day is almost over... I smile and watch you yawning and say "goodnight, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide, I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi Lorna and Allan

We are of course sorry to hear of you losing Missi. Its such a heart rending wrench when they leave us. The poem is lovely. And its starnage I keep thinking she is still around, when I open the Bongo boot I expect her to be there ready to jump in. Tears have been streaming down our faces.

Thank you for sharing this poem with us.

Tim, Jill and Sam
"Living the Dream"
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:53 pm

I had tears in my eyes before I got to Lorna's poem! Sorry to hear this news but it has to happen sometime. Cfor is 15 and a half now. She can barely see you n the park and she's lost me a few times. Will have to keep her on a long lead soon because she's not thinking about this and tends to run off in the opposite direction if she sees a 'shape'. I then have to run after her calling all the time. It's getting worrying. She can't see at all at dusk!

Get another friend as soon as you can, that's my advice.

All the best

Jill
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:51 pm

So sorry to hear the sad news Tim, the old girl will be missed.

Dave and Roseanne
The Janner Vanner
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi Jilly

Have replied to your post under Bongo Furry and thank you for your post regarding Bryher. Lorna and Allans poem is just wonderful and describes it exactly as it is.

Hi Dave and Roseanne

Thank you too for your kind words. Like Jilly you knew Brhyer for quite some time. 9 years in fact! She loved the Bongo Bashes and was a lucky dog just for that. We of course miss her but the memories are brilliant.
"Living the Dream"
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:59 pm

Here she is. Our new baby, Poppy. We picked her up yesterday and she is an absolute doll. One very happy family. Settling in beautifully.

"Living the Dream"
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:06 pm

Oh one more then

"Living the Dream"
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:32 am

How cute! :D Happy days. :-)
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Not wrong. The sound of small feet abound again. Normality
"Living the Dream"

Return to “Devon & Cornwall/Kernow”