Electric windows through leisure battery.

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Markas
Bongolier

Electric windows through leisure battery.

Post by Markas » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Have just returned from my first extended camping trip with Bargain Bongo since having the rear conversion fitted. Each time I wanted to lower the front windows for a bit of extra ventilation I had to turn the ignition on. This got me thinking whether there is any reason why the window motors couldn't be run off the leisure battery. I have 4 spare fused feeds in my LB set-up so it would be a very easy matter to run one of these to the electric window fuse in the cab mounted fuse box. I presume I would then need to fit a 30A fuse to this circuit to replace the one removed at the original fuse box. Is there any reason I should not do this as it would save having to have the key to hand every time I want to lower or raise the cab windows?
Mark
1999 Bongo 2.0L, Northstar Outback rear conversion
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Electric windows through leisure battery.

Post by g8dhe » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:19 pm

Its normal to switch 4 feeds, from the top row for internal lights, blinds and accessories.

Nothing to stop you moving the windows feed as well it only feeds the windows;
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Markas
Bongolier

Re: Electric windows through leisure battery.

Post by Markas » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:41 pm

The kit I bought came with a six-way fuse box. As I don't have power blinds all I've got wired up through the LB at the moment are the interior lights on fuse 1 and the stereo and 12v sockets on fuse 8. Thank you for confirming my thoughts that I need to re-route power from the LB to fuse 14 (30A).
Mark
1999 Bongo 2.0L, Northstar Outback rear conversion

Return to “Techie Stuff”