Rear Heater Supply Pipe

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

haydn callow
Supreme Being

Re: Rear Heater Supply Pipe

Post by haydn callow » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:18 pm

I've never seen that make before.....I'm a great believer in constant pressure clamps rather than standard jubilee clamps.
They look good and I will get Jo to see if she can do a bulk buy.
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks
sloppy7
Bongonaut

Post by sloppy7 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:28 am

I'm going to order some of the 20-32mm clamps to use from HCL. There is a minimum order of £7.50 so am quite happy to post one onto you Haydn if you want to have a quick look before buying in bulk? Let me know. Thanks. Leighton.
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:32 am

Hi, that would be good, many thanks
1 Manor Court
Market Place
Somerton
TA11 7NB

I will let you know what we decide and if we make a deal with the main suppliers.
Also BMW Clocks
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:18 am

[quote="sloppy7"]Thanks for all the hints and linked threads which I may have read but will swot up on later! I've ordered the pipe, a new stat, waterpump and coolant. The biggest hassle is the clips. £11 each is hard to swallow so have been researching alternative constant tension bands rather a lot!![/

£11 each is hard to swallow

Is that a Typo.?
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:38 am

They are made by MIKALOR who are based in Barcelona, Jo will be on the next flight to chat up Mr MIKALOR !!
Also BMW Clocks
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:05 am

teenmal wrote:
sloppy7 wrote:Thanks for all the hints and linked threads which I may have read but will swot up on later! I've ordered the pipe, a new stat, waterpump and coolant. The biggest hassle is the clips. £11 each is hard to swallow so have been researching alternative constant tension bands rather a lot!![/

Is that a Typo.?
Sounds familiar for Mazda clips. Remember thinking a pair of Mazda clips was same order of magnitude as the hose!
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:03 pm

cmm303 wrote:
teenmal wrote:
sloppy7 wrote:Thanks for all the hints and linked threads which I may have read but will swot up on later! I've ordered the pipe, a new stat, waterpump and coolant. The biggest hassle is the clips. £11 each is hard to swallow so have been researching alternative constant tension bands rather a lot!![/

Is that a Typo.?
Sounds familiar for Mazda clips. Remember thinking a pair of Mazda clips was same order of magnitude as the hose!
:shock: :shock: :shock: Bonkers!
sloppy7
Bongonaut

Post by sloppy7 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:15 pm

Unless it's a typo on the clubshop £11 is the price on there. I've got the constant pressure clamps on there way from HCL along with all the bits to make up my bleed funnel and the parts I need....every day there is a new present when I get home.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:01 pm

sloppy7 wrote:Unless it's a typo on the clubshop £11 is the price on there. I've got the constant pressure clamps on there way from HCL along with all the bits to make up my bleed funnel and the parts I need....every day there is a new present when I get home.
Not a typo I'm afraid, and I wish we could sell them for less! The price is actually £5.77 + postage (£3.40) + VAT. Which isn't too bad as we buy in small quantities and they come all the way from Japan.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
sloppy7
Bongonaut

Post by sloppy7 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Ian wrote:
sloppy7 wrote:Unless it's a typo on the clubshop £11 is the price on there. I've got the constant pressure clamps on there way from HCL along with all the bits to make up my bleed funnel and the parts I need....every day there is a new present when I get home.
Not a typo I'm afraid, and I wish we could sell them for less! The price is actually £5.77 + postage (£3.40) + VAT. Which isn't too bad as we buy in small quantities and they come all the way from Japan.
Ah well...if the one's I've bought aren't up to the job...I'll guess I'll be eating humble pie and asking for a discount on the postage for ordering more than one :wink:
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:53 am

If you buy 6 it works out at £4.67 plus postage and VAT. See http://bongoland.co.uk/product/large-ho ... -set-of-6/
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:58 am

One of he downsides of gen Mazda clamps is the fact that you have to remove the hose from the stub to fit one.......'worm' type clamps can be opened and fitted with the hos in situ,
Also BMW Clocks
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:26 am

Ian wrote:If you buy 6 it works out at £4.67 plus postage and VAT. See http://bongoland.co.uk/product/large-ho ... -set-of-6/

Would it not be worthwhile stocking MIKALOR CP hose clamps in your shop or is there some sort of trading restrictions.?
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:26 am

Ian wrote:If you buy 6 it works out at £4.67 plus postage and VAT. See http://bongoland.co.uk/product/large-ho ... -set-of-6/

Would it not be worthwhile stocking MIKALOR CP hose clamps in your shop or is there some sort of trading restrictions.?
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:02 am

Return to “Techie Stuff”