Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: Rear Heater Supply Pipe

Post by Northern Bongolow » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:41 am

Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:48 am

We can't beat those prices. They charge £1.10 including VAT, plus £3.50 postage up to orders of £40.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:19 am

http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:36 am

[-o<
haydn callow wrote:https://www.hcl-clamping.co.uk/33-worm- ... ion-s-band
These should be good
:-" Phew!
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
sloppy7
Bongonaut

Post by sloppy7 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:58 pm

Good news.....all my parts are here. I'll get one of the clamps sent up to you Haydn early next week. Just contemplating whether to two part radflush the system once I've replaced everything.
sloppy7
Bongonaut

Post by sloppy7 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:00 pm

Had a spare hour today so decided to look at getting the old pipe out. Currently thwarted by a stubborn bolt on the front of the long air duct (13-201A). Hoping liberal doing of penetrating fluid will help me crack it off in the morning. I'm convinced non of those bolts have been released in it's 21 year life so to only have a single stubborn one is good but also mildy annoying!!
sloppy7
Bongonaut

Post by sloppy7 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:14 am

Me again! I'm having real difficulty moving one of the three bolts holding the air ducting. The rear one I removed the bracket, the middle one I must have lucked out and the front one is stuck.

Re-examining the back one that is attached to the bracket I'm convinced it's the rubber mount that is flexing and I'm concerned about damaging that.

Anyone got any ideas about freeing the nut? If it comes to it I'll guess I will have to try and split it.

Thanks in advance

Leigh
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:18 pm

are they these in this drawing that your struggling with, if you click on the part number on the drawing then look to the left margin, it will give you a part number to chase at your local mazda dealer or second hand. use the drawing to send to second hand parts dealers.

http://lushprojects.com/bongopartsmk2/c ... mgno=.html
sloppy7
Bongonaut

Post by sloppy7 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Yes - they're the rubber mounting on there (13-363). I've discovered how they work now and have managed to free the front one from the chassis rail. I think I sometimes just need a little more patience and I'll work things out!

Great advice about using the drawings to send to second hand dealers. I have also discovered with the assistance of google that they are also called hexagon bobbin mounts! Every day is a learning day!

So the pipe is out but I could do with jacking up the vehicle to free the ducting to clean up the mounting points and make threading the new pipe through a little easier. Couldn't have got this far without this forum so thanks to all.

Leigh
sloppy7
Bongonaut

Post by sloppy7 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Right...I have an update. Pipe has been installed and everything is back bolted where it should be minus coolant. I ordered a replacement stat and waterpump and tried to undo the stat housing bolts but they as with everything else I have tried are stuck fast. I see my options are:

1) increase the leverage with a breaker bar attached to my 12" socket/universal joing/extension bar: or
2) remove the whole housing from the block undo and remember to get a replacement gasket

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks, Leigh

p.s. forgot to send that clamp to Haydn....it's on its way on Monday!
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:59 pm

most peeps tighten them up too tight, best to remove it and do it on the bench as the threads can strip out, some have fitted nuts and bolts after ruining the threads when putting it back together.

top tip time.

loosen the bolts on the water pump pulley BEFORE you take the tension off the belts, these hold the pulley while you crack em loose.
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:43 am

If you do end up removing stat housing. Gasket from Ford garage is pence:
THERMOSTAT HOUSING GASKET.. Ford part F3599718
Chris with BertieB
sloppy7
Bongonaut

Post by sloppy7 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:31 pm

Yes - I'd struck upon your previous post. Was going to hopefully source one this week while perioding dousing of the nuts in penetrating oil in situ in the hope it budges!

Don't get much time on the evenings so spend it researching and thinking through the next stages. Annoyingly it looks as if one of my water pump pulley bolts has sheared its head at some point in the past (no idea how and haven't got in with a mirror or the like yet) so that poses my next hurdle. Tempted to just fill and bleed but I know I'll regret that long term!
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:35 am

sloppy7 wrote:Yes - I'd struck upon your previous post. Was going to hopefully source one this week while perioding dousing of the nuts in penetrating oil in situ in the hope it budges!

Don't get much time on the evenings so spend it researching and thinking through the next stages. Annoyingly it looks as if one of my water pump pulley bolts has sheared its head at some point in the past (no idea how and haven't got in with a mirror or the like yet) so that poses my next hurdle. Tempted to just fill and bleed but I know I'll regret that long term!
Yup! Aren't you replacing the pump anyway?

I know this can all be done from above but personally I find it a whole load easier popping the front of the bongo up on ramps and getting straight on to the belts and pulleys from underneath. You can get away with just removing the front half of the undertray. (I've added chimney nuts to the join in the undertray to make this easier.)

Caveat: I'm not sure how it affects the refill and bleed process to have the front end raised. I've had one poor refill/bleed and it was with the front uphill, but no idea if it was coincidence.
Chris with BertieB
sloppy7
Bongonaut

Post by sloppy7 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:34 pm

cmm303 wrote:
sloppy7 wrote:Yes - I'd struck upon your previous post. Was going to hopefully source one this week while perioding dousing of the nuts in penetrating oil in situ in the hope it budges!

Yup! Aren't you replacing the pump anyway?

I know this can all be done from above but personally I find it a whole load easier popping the front of the bongo up on ramps and getting straight on to the belts and pulleys from underneath. You can get away with just removing the front half of the undertray. (I've added chimney nuts to the join in the undertray to make this easier.)

Caveat: I'm not sure how it affects the refill and bleed process to have the front end raised. I've had one poor refill/bleed and it was with the front uphill, but no idea if it was coincidence.
No undertrays fitted to my Bongo - yeah I was always going to replace the pump till I've seen the sheared bolt although thinking about it it could just be a stud and nut (will check what previous owner did).

Unfortunately my jack doesn't get the Bongo up high enough to slide my ramps under and I daren't start the bloody thing so I guess I'll be doing it from the passenger side!!

Return to “Techie Stuff”