New alternator needed - Bristol area

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Dogran
Bongonaut

New alternator needed - Bristol area

Post by Dogran » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi looks our our alternator is on the way out (flashing battery and sediment lights). 2.5 diesel engine. Could anyone recommend the best place to get a new, refurb or second hand alternator? Alternatively, can anyone recommend anywhere in the Bristol area that refurbishes alternators?
cmm303
Supreme Being

Re: New alternator needed - Bristol area

Post by cmm303 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:14 pm

Bristol Auto Electrical. Their website isn't responding. I used their Westbury branch Spring 2016 though they sent my alternator to their Bristol workshop for testing and refurb.

It's a good shout to investigate repairing your OEM alternator, often cheaper than buying new and you know that you still have a solid 90A alternator.
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:37 pm

cmm303 wrote:Bristol Auto Electrical. Their website isn't responding. I used their Westbury branch Spring 2016 though they sent my alternator to their Bristol workshop for testing and refurb.

It's a good shout to investigate repairing your OEM alternator, often cheaper than buying new and you know that you still have a solid 90A alternator.

Is this the same Company...

http://bae-bristol.co.uk/services/
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:07 pm

rita wrote:
cmm303 wrote:Bristol Auto Electrical. Their website isn't responding. I used their Westbury branch Spring 2016 though they sent my alternator to their Bristol workshop for testing and refurb.

Is this the same Company...

http://bae-bristol.co.uk/services/
Yes, that's them. Thanks Rita. The site is working for me now! I tried to edit my first post as soon as I found it working but could not get into BF.

I think tinterweb is having a funny five minutes today ... turns out to be just me, and just my laptop. Grrrr.
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
Dogran
Bongonaut

Post by Dogran » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Many thanks, just what I was after. I'll investigate.
Dogran
Bongonaut

Post by Dogran » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Just an update - got my cousin (who knows a thing or two about cars) to have a look and it turns out it was a bad / loose connection at the alternator. All now well and no need to go to the expense of buying a new alternator so happy days....
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Really good when the fix is free. :D

Return to “Techie Stuff”