Air Conditioning electrical fault problem

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: Air Conditioning electrical fault problem

Post by Bongolia » Mon May 08, 2017 5:27 pm

It does seem that you have an electrical issue there especially as the AC guy proved all was working when he bypassed the various bits and bobs.
I am wondering if your best option is to get an auto sparks in to have a look at it.
Auto sparks tend to be mobile so they could come to you or even do it while your at work.
You may get a recommendation from a few local small independent garages in your area as to who they use way better that better Google.
Just a thought. :D
P.S. Did you find the interior temp sensor with the little fan?
bongo&4kids
Bongonaut

Post by bongo&4kids » Thu May 18, 2017 11:02 am

Thanks, No I didn't find the sensor or fan.

Will try to get someone to take a closer look at the electrics soon.
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Thu May 18, 2017 11:51 am

[quote="bongo&4kids"]Ok, so I took the Bongo out for a long drive at the weekend and tested the air-con.

It definitely seems to be blowing much colder than before, so I am wondering if I have some kind of intermittent power problem?

I also noticed that the air-con / heater seems to be on all the time, at a low setting, even when the A/C button is not pressed, and when the fan is off. (I didn't notice this before, as it was left in the de-mist setting, rather the forward air vents).

Does this make any sense to anyone ?!

THANKS![/quote

That is usually the case with a Fresh air system, the fan is simply a booster.

Good Luck.
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Thu May 18, 2017 11:51 am

[quote="bongo&4kids"]Ok, so I took the Bongo out for a long drive at the weekend and tested the air-con.

It definitely seems to be blowing much colder than before, so I am wondering if I have some kind of intermittent power problem?

I also noticed that the air-con / heater seems to be on all the time, at a low setting, even when the A/C button is not pressed, and when the fan is off. (I didn't notice this before, as it was left in the de-mist setting, rather the forward air vents).

Does this make any sense to anyone ?!

THANKS![/quote

That is usually the case with a Fresh air system, the fan is simply a booster.

Good Luck.

Return to “Techie Stuff”