reversed wiring

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Bongolia
Supreme Being

reversed wiring

Post by Bongolia » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:15 pm

On Friday I swopped the O2 sensor in the aero 20l 8) .Two wire jobby and I wired it in reversed.Swopped them back and scan shows it working fine. Just turned on the radio and the disply shows Radio wired incorrectly reset.
So question is could this be telated to the O2 sensor cock up. Are they some how relatd circuit wise? Radio wiring is correct havnt reset it yet manual at home me in Tenterden.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: reversed wiring

Post by g8dhe » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:23 pm

There is no connection between radio and O2 sensor other than they use the same supply! Did you disconnect the battery at all ?
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: reversed wiring

Post by Bongolia » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:48 pm

g8dhe wrote:There is no connection between radio and O2 sensor other than they use the same supply! Did you disconnect the battery at all ?
Got it, totally unrelated.
On the JVC radio I have fitted there is a reset button behind the fascia, (paper clip job). Luckily I had the manual as a PDF on the phone. It relates to the speaker wiring and having reset it it worked fine until I hit a pothole then silence again with the same error message. May be in the unit but hopefully a speaker issue as I was prodding around behind the dash.

Return to “Techie Stuff”