Cigarette lighter

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

jonnyred
Bongonaut

Re: Cigarette lighter

Post by jonnyred » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Ticking gone. I had opened the van with the spare central locking immobiliser fob, when the wife came home she unlocked the van with main fob and clicking had gone ? Weird
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, in midi side conversion 2002 LPG V6, solar panel
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:04 pm

Bongolia wrote:
jonnyred wrote:Just tried with the tester again, red in the centre inside, black on the outside casing, 12v showing on the fluke. tried across both ends of the fused link, no voltage, but if you switch to bell it does sound across the same.

On another note (not sure if related, now have a very loud ticking like an indicator sound, appeared in the driver footwell somewhere in the wiring loom, nothing obvious but constant. left it 10 minutes gone back still ticking away. Started the van switched off still ticking. I have just used the spare keys to open the van. Any ideas. Checked fuses cant see anything.
I am wondering if you have an old disconnected alarm on board?
Could be a flasher unit clicking that may have previously flashed the hazards. Is it a regular ticking about the same rate as a flasher unit?
Set it off with the other fob then pull relay out.You may need to bridge out terminal on the relay someone on here will know.
jonnyred
Bongonaut

Post by jonnyred » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:28 pm

I will have a tinker tomorrow, thanks for the reply
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, in midi side conversion 2002 LPG V6, solar panel
jonnyred
Bongonaut

Post by jonnyred » Sat May 20, 2017 9:01 am

So i bought another lighter from a breaker, installed that and as before i have definitely got 12v between both terminal, 12v when testing into each wire but still not working. Saying that it did work once and the lighter element heated up fine, but only the once. i have another lighter and that works fine so this seems to be a Bongo lighter 'thing'. The live has been wired from the leisure battery via a 32amp fuse which i have tested as working ok. I might rewire back to standard wiring and see what that does or just buy some more spade crimps and re do. Any other suggestions gratefully received as always.

cheers

Return to “Techie Stuff”