Bluetooth Mirror - Hands Free Kit?

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

splash2

Bluetooth Mirror - Hands Free Kit?

Post by splash2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of Bluetooth Mirror - Hands Free Kits? Any particular recommendations - or should I shell out for a BT enabled radio?

A.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Re: Bluetooth Mirror - Hands Free Kit?

Post by bigdaddycain » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:06 pm

I'll watch this thread with interest... I know you can get cheap versions on E-bay, but i had my eye on the nifty looking bluetooth mirror in Costco... A bit pricey though at £50! Shedloads of features though, and it looks cool as owt 8)
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
Griffin
Bongolier

Post by Griffin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Not got a mirror one but I do have a clip on the visor one that I use in the car a lot. I bought it from Maplin for about £40, you can see them here:

http://shortlinks.co.uk/30sk

It works well although not as straightforward as I'd like sometimes, the voice recognition is patchy (to dial numbers by shouting 'home' or whatever at it). Sound quality is good and it's fine to talk on, not sure the Bongo is quiet enough at 70mph to hear it but the car is.

All in all it's much better than an in your ear jobbie but not as good as the wired hands free kit I have in the Bongo (which I have to use an old Nokia phone with a PAYG card in to use). I'd probably spend a few quid more on a Sony version, Maplin stuff always seems to work but 'feels cheap' to me.

I know you're looking for the mirror sort, I reckon the same things will apply.

Hope this helps.
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:43 pm

I've had a Jabra SP5050 (i think it's this one.) for a couple of years... Still a long battery life, one big button touch, good sound acoustics.... (Had an ear infection at the time, thought i was virtually deaf!!) At the time it set me back about £22/25? Nearly bought a slightly slimmer Nokia, but it was a bit tinny.. (for me at the time anyway.) :wink:

Better than having some blue flashing light in the corner of yer eye with the ear thing!! :roll:
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
corblimey
Supreme Being

Post by corblimey » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:14 pm

I have a JVC head unit and it's shocking. Great for playing music via spotify on the phone but I certainly won't recommend it for calls. If you're going to the expense of buying a decent head unit do a bit of googling first to make sure the model you're interested works well.

Return to “Techie Stuff”