Help with spare tyre!!!

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Aitami

Help with spare tyre!!!

Post by Aitami » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:29 pm

Hi everyone!

Things are going fine in Spain so far (finguers crossed) but my Bongo still has not been registered here due to me waiting for the necessary paperwork to arrive from the UK (E301) so I can justify a lot of things to the Spanish goverment.

Well, the thing is that I had a problem today and one of my tyres went flat.

I have no clue about how to get the spare tyre out. It is under the end of the van, and I don't understand how the mechenism that keeps it hold works.

I ended up walking to the garage with the flat tyre so they could fix it, but I really need to take the spare out to check if it is ok and to inflate it!

Any help will be more than welcomed.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Re: Help with spare tyre!!!

Post by francophile1947 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi Aitami
It's your alter ego here :lol: :lol: have a look at this thread http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... ar#p343066
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Glenda
Bongolier

Post by Glenda » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:52 pm

Dont. I am getting paranoid again. :? :? :?

Aitami's grammar and sentence construction is still better than a lot of users of this forum. :lol: :lol: :lol: Hence my doubts........

Good luck changing wheels en Espagna en future, Aitami.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Sorry about that Glenda - just couldn't resist it :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Aitami

Post by Aitami » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi John!

I have all three tools (now I stop wondering how the hell was I ment to use the long bar with the jack without having ultra strength) but I still don't understand hot to unlock the spare tyre :?

I tried in the fact sheets and with the search option but I think I am not good at it as I couldn't even find the post you showed me!
Aitami

Post by Aitami » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:59 pm

Wow!!!! Found it here http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... =3&t=33191 :D :D :D :D

John and Glenda... be nice to each other! My english is getting worst now that I don't use it so often, but my paella is getting better now that I cook it more often 8)
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Well done Aitami :D - no more carrying your wheel for miles (well, it's kilometres in Spain :lol: )
I'm sure Glenda and I will do our best to behave ourselves :lol: :lol:
John
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Funny how you were the one to answer Aitami though John, are you sure you're not the same person? :wink: :P :lol:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:12 pm

missfixit70 wrote:Funny how you were the one to answer Aitami though John, are you sure you're not the same person? :wink: :P :lol:
Yep, just checked - I'm definitely not a young Spanish girl, who doesn't know what to do with their long tool :lol: :lol:
John
Aitami

Post by Aitami » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:14 pm

In fact Glenda... sometimes I wish I could be John (or at least look like his avatar), and maybe he wishes he could live where I do :lol:
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:18 pm

Aitami wrote: maybe he wishes he could live where I do :lol:
Not any more :( The lousy exchange rate makes it too expensive and lots of Brits are actually leaving the Eurozone countries :(
John
Glenda
Bongolier

Post by Glenda » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:52 am

Aitami wrote:In fact Glenda... sometimes I wish I could be John (or at least look like his avatar), and maybe he wishes he could live where I do :lol:
Dont worry Aitami I think John is very nice or his avatar photo anyway.

I must point out that I am only Glenda due to school friends claiming that I looked like Glenda Jackson. I was 12 year old boy in the early 70's when she was acting in D H Lawrence films.

Unfortunately for her she now looks like me. A 50 year old man. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stuart
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:15 am

Aitami wrote: I really need to take the spare out to check if it is ok and to inflate it!
If when you do get it out to look at it turns out to be a spacesaver spare - please throw it away and get a proper full size spare.

And you need to update your location now you have left Leamington Spa.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:22 am

Great to hear from you Aitami - how good to know your love for the Bongo is enough to take it back to Spain with you. We'd love to hear how you get on with the business of getting it registered in Spain, because I suspect its only the thought of having to leave the Bongo in the UK that stops many of us from moving to a warm country in Europe.

Good luck with that tyre.

Mike 8)
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:08 pm

If when you do get it out to look at it turns out to be a spacesaver spare - please throw it away and get a proper full size spare.
That's sensible advice. The spacesaver will have a very old tyre on it which is likely to no longer be fit for the job. You would be very lucky if it is still OK. If you do have to use it, make sure it's inflated to the correct pressure. Hubby did tell me what that is, but I can't remember. We used ours once and it was inflated to the correct pressure, we travelled just a few miles at low speed and it got very, very hot. Al had one towed in this week with the spacesaver on. It had gone less than a mile before it popped and caused some damage. Luckily they weren't travelling at any great speed and they weren't hurt.
You can probably pick up a full sized one by putting a post on this link to 'Free Suff and Wanted'.
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.

Return to “Techie Stuff”