Rattling brake pads?

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

Eye Guy
Bongonaut

Rattling brake pads?

Post by Eye Guy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:27 pm

I recently had new pads installed on the front drivers side. I also had a 'new' rear passenger brake calliper and carrier (from bongospares) fitted.

Both are suffering from what the garage (who installed) called 'rattling brake pads' due to the pads not being a snug fit in the calliper (due to the callipers being old/ corroded).

This is bothering me, as it's pretty noisy when driving with the windows down and my Bongo is otherwise pretty quiet. Is there any way to stop it? Is this a common issue?

The garage mentioned something about clips to hold the pads in place. I have seen fitting kits that seem to include clips but not the clips on their own. Would these help? The mechanic filled the calliper with copper slip and that helped for a while but the rattle has now returned.

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Cheers.
Doone
Supreme Being

Re: Rattling brake pads?

Post by Doone » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:54 pm

Allan's closed. in Plymouth we recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services
Eye Guy
Bongonaut

Re: Rattling brake pads?

Post by Eye Guy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:40 pm

I have ordered some clips for the front via a link posted on the FB page. Still looking for the rear, unless they are the same size???

Return to “Techie Stuff”