Planning Ahead: Scottish Bash 2015

Ian
Supreme Being

Planning Ahead: Scottish Bash 2015

Post by Ian » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:37 am

We are considering this site just south of Oban: http://www.obancaravanpark.com/ at Gallanachmore Farm. Muz has stayed there and says it would be able to take about 30 of us without any problems. But he says they are a bit fussy about awnings and tents.

We are looking at Thursday 13 to Monday 17 August 2015.

Has anyone stayed there? Any comments?
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: Planning Ahead: Scottish Bash 2015

Post by Muzorewa » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:16 am

What they were fussy about was that tents had to go in a separate field, and that included pup-tents. How they view Quechua Base-Seconds (or similar) masquerading as driveaway awnings is anybody's guess. But it was 2009 when we were there, they could have had a change of management or licence in the meantime.

But as things were then, we wouldn't all be pitched together, although if block-booked in advance they could arrange that there was only a low fence between the two groups.

See above, they were going to make us move the other side of the fence, but then relented but made us move the tent the other side of the van, out of sight, but only as we were leaving early the following morning to go to the Outer Hebrides
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:05 pm

Just that I hope that this is an exposed site. When June and I went to the Outer Hebrides in May 2007 we spent the night before catching the boat at a campsite just north of the Connel Bridge, the midges were terrible.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:17 pm

It was end of July / early August when we were there, I don't recall bad midges but maybe we were lucky. The site overlooks the Sound of Kerrera so hopefully there will be a stiff breeze :wink:
stewby
Bongolier

Post by stewby » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Absolutely awesome news about Lossiemouth being the venue for 2015!!!!!!!
:D

My parents have a wee house up there which means me and OH can take the bongo up to Silver Sands and my Dad (and maybe mum) can come along for the day as well.
=D>

For those who maybe haven't met us before, the bongo was originally my dad's but after they inherited a doggy (a big doggy), they gave it to me and Neil. He still loves the bongo (surprisingly called Billy) but he couldn't bear to see it slowly rust and not getting used enough. Neil and I are going to try and use it once a month.
:)

Can't wait to see everyone.

Return to “Scotland”