Zapper

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Bongolia
Supreme Being

Zapper

Post by Bongolia » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:59 pm

The first few days of warm weather brings with it a plague of small fly's, they are cavity fly's or something like that we have been told and they come from under the deck and into the lounge squadrons at a time.
Fed up with spraying every hour or so and combined with the need to keep the doors closed for the spray to be effective means that it can be quite unhealthy as well as expensive in terms of fly killer sprays.
A neighbour who also suffers with these pesky things advised me to get one of these.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1
Bloody marvellous things not only can you take revenge they also give a reassuring crack and spark as the little buggers make contact with the mesh. :evil:
So I now look forward to the sods arriving as not only do I get to breath clean air, such as it is in London, but I also get exercise too,bit like a Nintendo tennis thingy, and it is possible to fry the big buggers a couple of times as they stick to the racket!!
Revenge is a dish best served cold. :twisted:
I now get pro active and can be seen dancing round the patio like a demeted Wimbledon finalist, the neighbours must think I have lost the plot!
Bliss
I have bought one for the Bongo too!
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Zapper

Post by Bob » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:41 am

Wonder if you could play 'Burger Tennis' with a pal?

Zap a beef burger back and forth until one shouts 'Hungry' and grabs it, placing in a bun and scoffing.

Skill v risk is judging when its cooked, and safe to eat, just before your greedy mate digs in. 8)

OK, I know where my coat is. :lol:
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:15 am

That may work!
Could become a favoured game during the barbecue season.
May get messy with burgers and could short out the grid with bits of ground beef, maybe start off with bacon slices, though this may not be work with some religious groups.

To hot for a coat I will get me pants.-
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:45 am

I've had one of these for a few years and they're great. Queen wasps and very noisy fast moving large flies in da house are my favourite prey. Tried using it with swarms of tidgy midgey things in the garden at the weekend but they either hovered just out of reach or else the majority seemed to be small enough to get through the mesh. Tried to get a queen wasp by a conifer but ended up singeing the conifer and not the wasp.

I am a man of sad pursuits :? :lol:

P.S. Love the burger game idea Ben. Of course the Mexican game would aim to see who could fill their tortilla with the largest number of crispy flies :lol:
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Bill, if you whacked the daylights out of a potato you might get cooked chips. :lol:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Bob wrote:Bill, if you whacked the daylights out of a potato you might get cooked chips. :lol:
Ha ha love that Ben. Would that be french flies? :lol:
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:22 pm

:lol:

Return to “Off Message”