IT support and Chocolate Teapots

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Bongolia
Supreme Being

IT support and Chocolate Teapots

Post by Bongolia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Quick word of warning to anyone out there who has a BT IT support package or is thinking of taking one out, the one that covers everything to do with your computer system,printers modems etc.

Well it does if you are running W10 W8 or latest update W7, support for that ending soon, else you are not supported dunno about Linux.
Phoned today as we have a problem with our network printer,we are using W XP, as a lot of businesses still do, they cannot help.
We are in a year long contract if we cancel then we loose the remaining payments.
Pointless trying to find anyone to talk to about it in real time either.
Not so much of a disaster as it also covers our home system W10 and Android I believe.
Just thought I would give a heads up. :)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: IT support and Chocolate Teapots

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Yup, XP is very dead, very sadly. I clung onto it for years cos it worked well for me but, unlike the Bongo, it just couldn't be kept on the road hey ho.
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:31 pm

A customer suggested I ring support and tell them I am running XP on W10 in compatibility mode.
When I feel in a more playful mood I may just do that.
Nah.. life too short. :D
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:17 pm

XP suits me just fine. Loved it even more since updates finished, I can switch off my laptops quickly now!

I've got a couple of machines running 7 but I don't like the sound mixer interface on that and haven't yet found a way of installing the XP version.

I can't get on with 'App' culture and multi layer desktops. Might just find other interests in life it things go even more down that line. Not looking forward to the eventual demise of dumb phones with real keyboards either. Only wish I could get one with a wifi hub built in but they manufacturers wouldn't think that far out of the box, unless it;s on a chip anyway.

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism

Return to “Off Message”