Early Bongo?

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: Early Bongo?

Post by Bongolia » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:37 pm

helen&tony wrote:Hi Bongolia...
Ain't hindsight wonderful....I was looking around in the mid '60s for a decent car to learn how to "do up"...There were so many great vehicles up for grabs as people only wanted new plasticy things in the '60s, with scant regard for classic!...I was looking for anything a bit different, and scanned the pages for old Packards, Allards, Alvises, and eventually settled on Porsche 356 speedster..., and I kept missing them, but a coupe came up for £180.00 and I didn't bite because I wanted a speedster (kick butt time)....Then I was offered an MG "M" type boat-tail in boxes for £35.00 (KB time)...then came a Bristol 400 /401 for £180.00.....in use every day, but only slight carb trouble (Triple carb 6 -cylinder)...more KB time...Now for a big weepie....£120.00 and could have been cajoled into accepting less...an XK 120 Jag....drophead...a rusty door pillar put me off....I could weep an ocean over that one....are you getting the picture that I'm a bit pernickety with my vehicles???....anyway, the list goes on.....As I said , "hindsight"...LOL
Cheers
Helen
Yes I know the kick yourself thing. The number of now classic bikes I had when I was younger. Indian 750 foot clutch, Royal Oilfield side valve V twin with an enormous wet sump and a sidecar the size of a small van,several Triumphs, BSA`s all flogged on for a few quid. If we knew then what we know now eh!

Return to “Off Message”