Good Bongoing so far this summer !

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Good Bongoing so far this summer !

Post by BongoBongo123 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:50 pm

Other than puncture/jack probs all going well running smooth. Still a pleasure to drive.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: Good Bongoing so far this summer !

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:49 pm

BongoBongo123 wrote:Other than puncture/jack probs all going well running smooth. Still a pleasure to drive.
Its Bongo fettling week at my place - been underneath it removing scaly rust from heavy components and generally refreshing dinitrol underseal as well as resmartening my strange diy fibreglass wheel arch repairs - unorthodox but works well and much cheaper than full replacement plus the Bongo (my only car) doesn't have to be out of action for any length of time. A lot of dirty work but she's worth it then i'll be off travelling in style again :-) 8)
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Re: Good Bongoing so far this summer !

Post by BongoBongo123 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Goodo !... Yes when they took my wheel off at the garage I saw some "heavy components", nice terminology :) that looked like ripe candidates for a liberal application of P.O.R. 15 of which I have 7/8h of a can.... better on the Bongo than in the can I suspect. So late August early Sept when time allows I will make sure to try and address those areas. It feels nice to know you have done what you can do to hold the problems back.

I guess it was another positive side to the puncture. (and is probably the same the other side as well)

Return to “Off Message”