Devon Cornwall.

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Sharkie
Apprentice Bongonaut

Devon Cornwall.

Post by Sharkie » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Returning yesterday from travelling 10 days through Devon and Cornwall I have found the perfect test to check out your Bongo if you have any concerns about its perfomance.
First go to Porlock Weir for a hearty lunch then continue towards Lynton going up Porlock Hill, trust me by the time you eventually get to the top any problems you will soon know about, We got our Sharkie to the top no problems all the way in D but fans all running as we pulled into the car park at the top didn't switch off just to cool turbo down a bit. Only problem was a food box went on a walkabout in the back of the Bongo.
Advised steepest hill on a A road in UK. 1 in 4.
Anyway made Lands end, and Lizard total 1340 km (840 miles) Our trusty Bongo Sharkie didn't miss a beat. Found several other Bongos at most park's, Good to see.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Devon Cornwall.

Post by Bob » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:15 pm

Sounds jolly exiting.

I know it well and it is quite the hill. :shock:

Bottom Ship is a good spot for lunch, too, and if you want to stay this one is good:

http://www.sparkhayes.co.uk/about.html

Note, no caravans due to tight access and good for singles as priced per head. 8)
Glenda
Bongolier

Re: Devon Cornwall.

Post by Glenda » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:26 am

Beautiful place our V6 strolled around it easily. Brake pads didn't like the downhills though. Great 2 day walk from Lynton to Lynmouth return and one of the world's greatest cricket grounds at the Valley of the Rocks. Think I'll have to book a return visit this Autumn. Thanks for the reminder.

Return to “Bongo Chat”