We bonged!

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Murph
Apprentice Bongonaut

We bonged!

Post by Murph » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Very pleased to report a successful outing in the Oscar. We bought him last weekend and I spent last week trying to figure out how the electric and living worked (with lots of help from Geoff Mather on the Facebook group). So we decided to head out to a campsite 45 mins away and see how he lives.

Well what can I say. I totally loved the 5 mins from parking brake on to sipping our first gins. Thats a huge one up on camping (which is what we're upgrading from). One Oskarite plugs in the electric and ties the dog off to a wheel. The other unloads our freestanding table and lounge chairs and pours the drinks. The longest part of the whole process was getting the ice out of the ice tray.

Pleased too with how comfortable the rock n roll bed was - I was worried that it'd be a bit too snug but it was fine (until the dog jumped on us).

Really chuffed.

We've booked in with Ian Taylor in Stoke a week on monday - hopefully he can give us the all clear about rust/mechanics - or at least the ground truth. We certainly happy with the living part.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: We bonged!

Post by Bob » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Sounds great, and Ian knows his stuff. :)
cmm303
Supreme Being

Re: We bonged!

Post by cmm303 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:03 am

Welcome to Bongo ownership! Here's hoping you enjoy many more outings (and possibly gins :D)!
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD

Return to “Bongo Chat”