Jalimports

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Glenda
Bongolier

Re: Jalimports

Post by Glenda » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:05 pm

It helps very much indeed. Thanks for your time. He said the scuffs were included in the price. I thought he meant as scuffs not as repaired scuffs! Reassuring.

In my auction sheet deciphering I've got tyres 3/10 front 5/10 rear so ready for replacing. It was Yokohama Auction and I have even found the price sold. The JAL price seems reasonable to me based on that but I'll expect a good roof.
Glenda
Bongolier

Post by Glenda » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:40 am

The day of reckoning is Monday. Aqua Bongo V6 arriving and hope to meet Phil and view. Been told that it will be very dirty as that is better......so glad to have read the posts on here!
I remember buying my current one at Southampton import auction in 2007 and taking it to Allansvehicles for SAV work. When I went to collect, it was like a new vehicle. Heavy rain had washed all the sea salt and grunge off.
Glenda
Bongolier

Post by Glenda » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:29 pm

Well the Aqua wasn't quiet Aqua enough for me to pay £1,000 over a silver. Great to meet Phil and see so many Bongos. No silvers though. Apparently not many V6s left and many of the Grade 4s are rotten underneath and heading towards Southampton as we speak. Good tip by Phil.
I'll spend on the one I bought at Southampton 10 years ago to keep it on the road and move on to the North and the boys at Wheelquick. Unfortunately I'll be looking for a cheaper quality vehicle and deserting the Bongo but demand for quality is greater than supply on the V6.

Hoping to get the boring Toyota Hiace LWB Hi Top. Time for a change......be wary of those dodgy imports everyone!
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:06 am

Quinny wrote:As above, but I will also say that if you want something, he doesn't want you to have, dig your heels in. For example we wanted a skylift roof with a zipped ventilation window as we had researched and read that without this they can get very hot. Phil did not want us to have this, not altogether sure why, but I'm sure he had his reasons. I now have a Skylift roof with ventilation!!!
Wish I'd dug my heels in harder!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
JoeC
Bongolier

Post by JoeC » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:13 pm

Glenda wrote:Hoping to get the boring Toyota Hiace LWB Hi Top. Time for a change......be wary of those dodgy imports everyone!
Let us know how you get on as that looks a good choice - more room for not a lot of length I believe.
Glenda
Bongolier

Post by Glenda » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:16 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362023436288

Scroll down to bottom of page for full set of pictures.
Just 32" longer (82cm) and the space above. I'll Report how it works out but pick up won't be till end of October and I'm trekking in Nepal for 6 weeks Nov/Dec.

Return to “Bongo Chat”