Repair or Replace

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: Repair or Replace

Post by Bongolia » Mon May 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Anyone know of any countries that have outright banned diesels, light vans and cars I mean. :?:
Or city even.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon May 08, 2017 3:52 pm

Bongolia wrote:Anyone know of any countries that have outright banned diesels, light vans and cars I mean. :?:
Or city even.
Indeed. Speculation doesn't really help here. I think action against diesels is most likely to be selective and centred around congested areas. But that's just speculation #-o
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Mon May 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Scaremongering
Compulsory will not happen
I've just bought another diesel
What they going to do about the lorries and trains and jcb and tractors and all the diesel standbye generators at hospitals / prisons etc
To big a task to happen in my lifetime and I'm in me 40s
If it does I will stand corrected
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Mon May 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Anyone know of any countries that have outright banned diesels, light vans and cars I mean. :?:
Or city even.

No but yeah but no but... I meant it seriously are there any?
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Bongolia wrote:Anyone know of any countries that have outright banned diesels, light vans and cars I mean. :?:
Or city even.

No but yeah but no but... I meant it seriously are there any?
didn't Japan ban diesels from its major cities, hence the drop in decent diesel bongos?
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
the1andonly
Tribal Elder

Post by the1andonly » Mon May 08, 2017 7:20 pm

The city of Stuttgart in Germany will be home to occasional selective bans of diesel cars during periods of high pollution beginning in 2018, going by a recent announcement from state officials in Baden-Württemberg.
from
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-germa ... SKBN16028H

An appeal court in Germany has upheld a decision which could mean a diesel ban in Munich by the beginning of next year.

https://www.clientearth.org/diesel-ban- ... -decision/

Other countries have recently considered banning fossil-fuelled cars; Norway’s four main political parties are debating whether to ban petrol and diesel cars by 2025, as has the Netherlands. Paris has also banned all pre-1997 cars, and a ban on diesel cars in London has gained traction.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... -cars-2030
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:02 am

Its been hiding in the long Grass......

http://act.fairfueluk.com/lobby/dieselsolution
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:47 am

teenmal wrote:Its been hiding in the long Grass......

http://act.fairfueluk.com/lobby/dieselsolution
Nice one.Lobbied!
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi
Well....
What a strange world we live in....we rail against dear old Trump, because he drops out of the Paris accord, and won't accept responsibility for decreasing pollution ourselves. OF COURSE we should banish diesels, and, for that matter, be prepared to dump fossil-fueled cars by a given date.
I just can't understand how people ever believed that diesels are wonderful pollution -free chariots, as they were praised as such in every conceivable outlet for the last 20 years....in fact one of the selling-points was their economy , and the fact that diesel was cheaper...So....the cat has since been let out of the bag....AT LAST...and the great public has finally been shown that they were hoodwinked....(by the media and politicians....[goodness, I'm sure that's not true])
I have 2 diesels, and that's because I couldn't find either car in a petrol version...such has been the drive towards the perfect polluter.
So...we either say "Trump's a hero, and long live my diesel", or we really look at ourselves in the mirror, and realise that we're damaging the planet for future generations , and think of ways to find a less polluting transporter....it's as simple as that.
My personal drive is to cut the use of a car to once or twice a week until I can find an electric alternative....maybe electrify the Bongo !!!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:05 am

working in the fuel supply chain i see things in a different light, its all about chains, product chains. crude is or was split into the manufacturing chemicals, solvents etc, then into the separate fuels, now we longer make anything in this country we dont need the chemicals so splitting the crude oil becomes uneconomic, increasingly in this country we have shut refineries or at least the crackers that split the crude and now import lots of our fuels ready processed, it is cheaper to let johnny foreigner do the dirty work and leave them with chemicals that no one has a job for. in the last 20 years all the big oil companies are getting out, selling their assets, refineries, pipelines, pension liabilities, knowing the end is coming for the dreaded fossil fuels, these companies invest for the longer term or not as the case maybe.
its just the same as when canals were the thing to invest in, then came the train and knackered it, then came the motorway and the truck.
the secret is to invest YOUR money into the right thing at the right time, i personally have sold all my diesel cars which i loved, ive bought older low cost petrol motors knowing that the hybrids /electrics are only a short term thing that are not the end game, where we will end up and how soon is the thing to keep an eye on. in my opinion hydrogen is the one, and as we speak the chains are being put together to make it financially viable.

but hey, what do i know. #-o #-o #-o
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:08 am

Yep, there must be a missing Link here somewhere.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:38 am

And of course there's the big one - Tax.

Take a fortune off drivers, then tell them that they are wicked and are being taxed more for their own good.

See also VED changes in the last budget.
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:49 am

Bob wrote:And of course there's the big one - Tax.

Take a fortune off drivers, then tell them that they are wicked and are being taxed more for their own good.

See also VED changes in the last budget.

Did you not notice that the VED (road tax) has increased by £5.00 per year for a number of years now. It was slipped in the back door
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:10 am

And the incentives to buy less poluting vehicles have been removed as they are loosing revenue. :roll:

Return to “Bongo Chat”