Help needed in Hayling Island

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

NJEAST19791
Apprentice Bongonaut

Help needed in Hayling Island

Post by NJEAST19791 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:25 pm

One of my belts has just gone on hayling island nr portsmouth hampshire. Im with lifesure who will recover me back to london but i need to be mobile.
Anyone who can help id massively appreciate it and pay.
Nick 07508869050
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: Help needed in Hayling Island

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:48 pm

what bongo have you got, which engine etc. the diesel has an aircon belt that is not needed to drive and 2 alternator / water pump belts. you can drive with just one.

this is for the diesel.
http://lushprojects.com/bongopartsmk2/c ... mgno=.html
NJEAST19791
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by NJEAST19791 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi and thanks its the upper most 2. The outer one nearest to the bonnet is the one thats gone.
NJEAST19791
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by NJEAST19791 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:58 pm

Its a 96 diesel 2.5
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:04 pm

remove the old bits of the belt from the area while the engine isnt running. the belt that is next back from that one is the pair to it and goes round exactly the same pulleys, if your really stuck you can proceed, keep your eye out for a battery charge light whilst going home as these 2 belts drive the alternator AND MORE IMPORTANTLY IT ALSO DRIVES THE WATER PUMP, if the last one snaps you will have no battery charging or engine cooling.

if it were mine i would drive to a local car spares place or garage and get them to measure the remaining belt and then fit 2 new ones once the size has been determined.
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:16 pm

Northern Bongolow wrote:remove the old bits of the belt from the area while the engine isnt running. the belt that is next back from that one is the pair to it and goes round exactly the same pulleys, if your really stuck you can proceed, keep your eye out for a battery charge light whilst going home as these 2 belts drive the alternator AND MORE IMPORTANTLY IT ALSO DRIVES THE WATER PUMP, if the last one snaps you will have no battery charging or engine cooling.

if it were mine i would drive to a local car spares place or garage and get them to measure the remaining belt and then fit 2 new ones once the size has been determined.
And they need to be a matched pair (same batch) to ensure they are both the same length they can vary.

Return to “Bongo Chat”