Potential new owner

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Mightyquin
Apprentice Bongonaut

Potential new owner

Post by Mightyquin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi forum,

I've just joined so will have a search of the existing threads, but I'm thinking of looking for a Bongo to replace my old Sherpa Campervan.

A first quick question if I may as I've yet to take a proper look at one - if it has an elevating roof is it actually practical for adults to sleep up there?

Re. the 'downstairs' beds, is it possible to sleep without the rear most seats in place, i.e. if I wanted to fit a rear kitchen unit in one would it still have sleeping capacity for adults?

Cheers!
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Potential new owner

Post by Bob » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi, and welcome aboard. :D

Yes, and yes.

Plenty of peeps sleep upstairs. Some find it chilly in winter but there's answers.

The biggest problem we found sleeping in the roof is if one of you needs a 'Visit' you need to wake up your mate, then move the bedding off the hatch and climb down.

We have tended to use the roof for storage when on site.

Re sleeping downstairs, ours is unconverted and we have often used the front and middle seats for sleeping. Cutting four of the cheap kneeling mats to size takes out the bumps well enough for us two. 8)

Afterthought - A rough location will help, someone may well invite you to take a look, or do pop into a Meet as a day visitor and chat to peeps. :D
Mightyquin
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Mightyquin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:49 pm

Many thanks for that, answers two important questions for me! I will have a good search of the forum for other pointers.

I'd like to get along to a meet and talk to some owners if I can.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:24 pm

You'll find a friendly rabble who will talk Bongos until the cows come home. 8)

Return to “Bongo Chat”